Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing solid plate hob with ceramic

Options
  • 09-12-2007 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Hi all, quick question for those of you in the know.
    I'm replacing my old solid plate hob with a ceramic one and intended just doing a straight swap. The current setup is wired as follows, the hob is connected directly to the mains and the oven feed is then connected to the terminal box of the hob, a setup which I had intended on replicating.

However with the new hob I can't remove the cable from its terminal box so I was wondering if I could just connect the mains to a junction box and then feed the hob and over from there ? The mains is the normal setup with the power controlled by the cooker switch on the wall above the oven.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

yes you can just junction it or wire the hob into the back of the oven once you are sure the cable running from the main switch is rated sufficiantly to power both appliances -most of the ceramic hobs on sale now are roughly 1 inch bigger than the solid plate hobs so you might need to cut your counter top

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Jip there is a specific item for this, don't just use a box and strip connectors.
    Your local wholesaler will have a cooker terminal plate and box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Cheers lads. Got myself a an empty box and junction yokes which ccan handle 60amps and got it sorted that way.

Advertisement