Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

complaints re paying for pre school

• 08-12-2007 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

what do people think regarding paying for pre school when its shut diwn for holidays, christmas for example??

recently heard somone furious that they had to pay when the creche was closed, though imo if their car was in the garage to be fixed would they refuse to pay the finance because it was out of use????? no? i thought not!!

rant over!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

welcome to the board.

The sad reality is that due to the small number of facilities available they can pretty much demand what they want. Untill someone opens up nearby with such an offer that you're looking for your creche will not feel the need to match it.

Where you will find such flexability is with child minders. Ours dosnt charge when our daughter is with her, and that includes the summer when Mrs popebenny is off on term time.

There are many pros and cons to that arraingement, as opposed to organised creches. We've had our kids in every type of facility and I'm involved in trying to establish a pre-school/after school facility at the moment in my locality. Looking at it from the position of the establishment, the running costs and the costs os sticking to the letter of the laws may mean that we might have to do the same as you are experiancing.

So, in short, dont restrict yourself to one method, compaire the other alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

thanks popebenny
    i was more coming at it from the othr side ( as in i totally agree) some people have an aversion to paying for their most precious comoddity that is their children. i feel that if you are happy with a service, namely your creche, why would you even query this??

best of luck with your proposed venture, but dont expect it to make much money for ya....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its more a membership fee than paying per day. If the demand is there, the creche will be able to charge as it likes basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 MillieG

I agree, I have two kids in pre-school. They love it and the teachers are great. The owner of the facility gives the kids presents for birthdays and christmas, and they got easter eggs this week! She also got her hands on an all-ireland final ticket last year and raffled it amoung the kids! I feel that they realy care for my children, and it's an excellent service overall.

If you want the best people to work in these facilities, delivering excellent care to your children, then you better expect that they need to be paid for their holidays, as you probably do. At least they open during the summer. We pay taxes to pay for teachers salaries. They get 2-3 months off during the summers and nobody gives out about that!

Advertisement