Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bhs

Options
  • 08-12-2007 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can do the BHS exams in this country, and if so, where can you do them? Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

http://www.bhsireland.com/

There you go. I`m a member for the insurance which was handier when I was a sharer earlier on in the year.

I've got m Stage One Stable Management fluffed up the riding by my lower back being way too stiff (earlier injury cropping up) on an unknown horse. Don`t know if I`ll bother doing the exams, you pay through Sterling, its expensive once you work it all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Thanks :) did you do your stable management test seperatly from your riding test? I'd like to get a bit of practice in before I had a go at a riding test because I haven't ridden in quite a few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi Kerrysgold you can do the two exams seperate. I have up to stage 3 in care and management and only up to stage 1 in my riding. Only thing is if you want to do the PTT and teaching exams you have to do the riding sections at some stage.

The exams are expensive esp as sterling prices so its worth getting some lectures beforehand and chatting to people who have done it so you know what to expect. Where are you based?

Thanks, I'd rather do the stable management first because I'm really out of practice with the riding! how much does it cost approx. to do each exam? I'm based in wexford at the moment but might be moving back to kerry in the new year. Thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi, if you go to their website www.bhs.org.uk , it has all the info
    Dates:
    http://www.bhs.org.uk/Content/Events.asp?id=18&page=Education&area=2&category=2
    Prices
    http://www.bhs.org.uk/Content/Ods-More.asp?id=3347&pg=Education&spg=Information&area=2

I dont know anyone in your area but if you ask around you might find someone who could give you some lectures to prep? There are also some v good books that go through the syllabus. I got mine while working full time I just got lectures one evening a week (I ride/help in stables at weekends and evenings), so dont stress you can do it!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the links and info, I'll check those out! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

There is one on in Thornton park today and another on in April there as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aspiringcoder

kerrysgold wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can do the BHS exams in this country, and if so, where can you do them? Thanks! :D

This may be of use to you.

Clonshire Equestrian Centre in Limerick are doing BHS stage 1 and 2 exams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Deleted post content - just saw this thread is 3 years old! appologies mods!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Please don't resurrect old threads. If you want to discuss BHS courses, feel free to start a new thread.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement