Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA: Season 4, Episode 10: This Mortal Coil [WARNING SPOILERS]

Options
  • 08-12-2007 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

While This Mortal Coil is a rehash of episode's that SG1 did to death I though its was ok and much better that last weeks filler episode. Nice to see some movement on the replicator/wraith arc.

Dunno of its just me but Doc Kaylee's acting really seems to suck ass compaired to her firefly days.

What did you think of this episode? 20 votes

Awesome
    0% 0 votes
    Great
    10% 2 votes
    OK
    20% 4 votes
    Bad
    55% 11 votes
    Somethings broken
    15% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

So, as someone called it, it was a replictor atlantis that we saw in the episode 'the seer'.
    Other than that another rehashed storyline, lazy writing.
    I agree her acting sucks, pissed me off no end in her ep wit tayla.
    Still no tapping, phoning it in it seems.

As in sg1 they now have the ability to track replicator ships, now they just need to find an ancient weapon and call all the stargates at once..... /yawn

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well I enjoyed it, even if some elements were re-hashed (I'm primarily thinking of the SG1 episode where the android SG1 team discover they're androids). It also moved the arc along and there were a couple of nice moments - the acknowledgement of how Beckett's death affected them, for example and how they hoped Weir was still alive.

I commented on Jewel Staite's acting in another thread - don't know what's up with her, but it's like she's not bothered half the time.

At least though (for the first half anyway) they had a damned good reason for no Carter - their memories would have had no knowledge of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yes this one was OK and made progress even though it has been done to death. IMO SG has often been at its best when it has that limited cast, limited action type of episode. It gives them a chance to concentrate on the storyline.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Didnt Tayla look so pregnant? She must be preggers in real life, shes usually in a little number, but no more!

Maybe Staite isnt doing as well here because she is working with a new group of actors. I'd imagine working with the Firefly crew must have been great and put her at ease to act. Tho in fairness it shouldnt really effect her that much.

Hoping they'll actually go somewhere soon. I dont like the replicators at all, as an enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Didnt Tayla look so pregnant? She must be preggers in real life, shes usually in a little number, but no more!

iirc I think she is.

Yeah i really hate the new Doc's acting, its relly quite bland and the character is just uninteresting, WANT CARSON BACK NOW PLZ. Seriously, his triumphant 2 episode return cant come soon enough, as with 'Sunday' last season its going to be the big event of season 4 imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,994 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

awww but shes too sexy to get rid of. yet.

if youve ever done any acting (even for a school project) you would know its hard to act natural and remember your lines and cues while youre being recorded - give her time to get stuck in. You'll notice even Carter feels a bit outta place in the series right not and through no failure but her own imo. But yes everyone misses Carson.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Er... what was that?

So the plot was - they discover that they are copies, give Atlantis a tracking system... and die.

Inspired stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,994 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

presumed dead in fairness ;) but yeah dead :( how lame

but yeh never know what might be hidden away inside the Transponder. Oooooooooooooh :p

yeah so what it was a filler episode. McKay and Raddick gave it a good closing scene though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

So... Em.....? Why did all 5 of them have to get into the suicide jumper? And i cant really imagine McKay volunteering to be a distraction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I'm more concerned that the replicator tracking system seems to be made mostly of lite-brite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

So... Em.....? Why did all 5 of them have to get into the suicide jumper? And i cant really imagine McKay volunteering to be a distraction?

A wizard made them do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

hm. Its been a while since it was out i thought one of you would have counted the beeps by now and put up a number on the total number of Aura ships.

good story dev though, even thought they whert ekilled we know some replicators want to ascend, maybe they all do but just believe it to be impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Terrible episode.
    Can't say enough bad things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yeah that made no sense what so ever.

Advertisement