Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navman S30 - accessing Windows CE

Options
  • 08-12-2007 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

So while I'm waiting for my Garmin eTrex Vista HCx to be delivered (for geocaching) I couldn't help myself and I bought a Navman S30 for 170 euro from Debenham's in Cork. This one is for playing around with but I've hit a brick wall already. I know that there are ways to access the Windows CE GUI with other devices but I've searched high and low on the web and no one seems to have found a way to do it with Navman devices - any ideas?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

I figured it out myself (with some help from a guy on another forum). Now my Navman S30 boots into Windows CE first and I can play movies and listen to MP3s on it along with a basic Paint and Text editors.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Well - spill ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Thanks for those links :)

My train of thought was that it might be possible to get at the OS on other Win CE based systems, for experimental purposes.

It would seem that it's both possible and done quite often - plus people seem to have success replacing the GPS mapping software - replacing the Navman software with TomTom etc. I haven't got round to trying that last bit though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement