Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop bag

Options
  • 07-12-2007 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Saw a laptop bag in Tesco for 9.99 euro. Anyone know if its any good? Says not waterproof but are any of them? Saw one in Dunnes for 39.99 euro

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For a tenner, I'd doubt it would be much good. Although they could be on offer or using it to get people into the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Your paying €10 for a bag , I mean come on how bloody great do you think it'll be?!
    I would only buy a bag where I knew if I dropped it its going to offer some protection for the laptop inside, I doubt the €10 one will give much protection but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Aye, if you value your laptop, i'd get a decent one. The one i have i think cost €60... But i could throw my laptop around the palce in it and it would be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

The one i have i think cost €60...
    ... and it is what brand or where available?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Saw a laptop bag in Tesco for 9.99 euro. Anyone know if its any good? Says not waterproof but are any of them? Saw one in Dunnes for 39.99 euro

What tesco did you see this in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dell. Only one i could get to fit the laptop...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I decided to get a protective sleeve for the laptop, and then a run-of-the-mill messenger bag.

The protective sleeve I got was cheap so probably not the best (was from Dealextreme), but it seems decent enough to protect it from normal knocks, from scratches and anything small that might find its way into the fan grates etc. (the material is like a wet suit).

There are others out there which are probably waterproof and somewhat shock resistant (I think these are)... then if you get a padded or waterproof messenger bag you have extra protection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

padded or waterproof messenger bag you have extra protection!
    What do you mean by messenger bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Messenger bag:

230208561.jpg

AKA Man bag... (Although i have one, nothing wrong with them...)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

What do you mean by messenger bag?

As displayed by Dulpit, although you could use any type of bag tbh - backpack, briefcase etc.

Only limitation is finding one your laptop fits into!

• Advertisement
Advertisement