Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-day breakfast in Dundalk???

Options
  • 07-12-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dundalk that does a good all day breakfast. Can't seem to find anywhere since the brilliant Cafe M closed a few weeks ago. :(

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

The Metz is open again. But if you're looking for a alternative, the wee bakery/cafe beside Oscars on Park Street does a superb greasy all-day fry up for €5.75...you couldn't beat it with a big shtick!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

"Ma Brady's" down the end of the town does the best all day fry up of anywhere in Dundalk !!!

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Great!! Thanks a mill! :D

Will definately be checking one out today... bit later on though... ;)

opr wrote: »
    "Ma Brady's" down the end of the town does the best all day fry up of anywhere in Dundalk !!!

Opr

Which end of town?? Don't think i've ever noticed the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

sudzs wrote: »
    Which end of town?? Don't think i've ever noticed the place.

Its on Church street

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It's just on the main Clanbrassil street down the end where the road splits two ways at the chruch. It's on the right hand side just before the split

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Tastebuds on Park St. also do a quality all-day breakfast. They're next to Abrakebabra, ironically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

Sorry lads/lasses,

Kind of a related qeuestion. My other half has a driving test at 8.30 in the morning and a pre-test at 7.30. I'm going along for moral support etc and was wondering if there are any cafes that would be open that early in Dundalk. Even at 8AM. just somewhere to pass the time comfortably, (and maybe getting a little breakfast) while waiting. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Not too sure if you're familiar with Dundalk but Pigheads pretty sure that the Imperial Hotel's Restaurant on Park St is opened at that time of the morning. Failing that you could also try The Copper Kettle in the Clanbrassil Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Welbys :eek:( I know, I know) actually does a lovely breakfast and very resonable too.

• Advertisement

Thanks Pighead.

Not too familiar but they are relatively central seemingly, so I should be able to make my way round. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Morgans wrote: »
    Sorry lads/lasses,

Kind of a related qeuestion. My other half has a driving test at 8.30 in the morning and a pre-test at 7.30. I'm going along for moral support etc and was wondering if there are any cafes that would be open that early in Dundalk. Even at 8AM. just somewhere to pass the time comfortably, (and maybe getting a little breakfast) while waiting. Many thanks.

Jubago (at the square) opens at 7am. There's also a good place on the way down to the Long Walk on the left hand side (across from Outdoor Exchange) that opens at the same time. Apologies but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

Thanks Nightstrike.

I've a fair idea of where to head to. Thanks again for the help and suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

Jubago (at the square) opens at 7am. There's also a good place on the way down to the Long Walk on the left hand side (across from Outdoor Exchange) that opens at the same time. Apologies but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

Is it the Coffee Pot, or The Copper Kettle, or the Copper Pot or something like that???

Loads of suggestions for me to try so thanks a mill! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

The Copper Kettle is in Boyds(?) mall (one exit close to Outdoor Exchange, other exit on Clanbrassil st.) I would be inclined not to recommend it though, but it's years since I've been there so maybe things have changed.
    The place *opposite* Outdoor Exchange is... The Horse Chestnut or something? I believe it does good breakfast.

Also, I seem to remember the little restaurant thing attached to The Home Bakery doing good breakfasts? That may not be the case anymore, it's been a while.

I would go with Ma Bradys, as previously suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bobster

I like Welbys too. Have you tried the one in the Marshes? Its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

the wee bakery/cafe beside Oscars on Park Street does a superb greasy all-day fry up for €5.75...you couldn't beat it with a big shtick!

Best breakfast at that price in Dundalk !!! YUMMY ~!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DarraghMcC

The Chestnut Café by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Great fry up's to be had in Friar Tucks and the Cafe in the indoor market both on clanbrassil street...lovely!

neacy69 wrote: »
    Great fry up's to be had in Friar Tucks and the Cafe in the indoor market both on clanbrassil street...lovely!

The cafe in the indoor market was Cafe M and it closed down abour a month before christmas! :(

Unless it has opened up again... has it??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

sudzs wrote: »
    The cafe in the indoor market was Cafe M and it closed down abour a month before christmas! :(

Unless it has opened up again... has it??? :confused:

Closed down really :confused:?? That place had great gurb horrible place but a great breakfast...I haven't been around a lot lately

Advertisement