Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find bulb

Options
  • 07-12-2007 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a bulb like this but I'm not having much luck.

It's a 220v 75W halogen. It's 78mm in length.

Does anyone know where to get one of these? I've tried a number of places but I'm not having much luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭10-10-20

What is it out of?
    I've seen the longer 200W and 500W versions of these in Woodies, but not 75W!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah have to agree with 10.10.20 never saw that size
    I have heard of a 100W 87mm? (now out of stock)

and 150W 78mm
    http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/Electrical,+Lighting+&+Security/Mains+Voltage/UNBRANDED/PL15529./displayProduct.jsp?sku=LA00006&_requestid=182055

and a 75W but 189mm
    http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/Electrical,+Lighting+&+Security/Mains+Voltage/PRO-LITE/K3/240-PROPLUS/displayProduct.jsp?sku=LP02825

Its not to say this lamp can't be sourced, I've just never heard of one, sorry
    Have you tired any of the suppliers on the sticky for "Electrical Suppliers"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

Try T.O'Reilly electrical supplies limited. I notice they have a shop Newbridge. I have a couple of awkward bulbs myself and they were the only stockists I could find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

seen this too late to check.....but i think i might have some of those. the ones i have if i remember correctly are 60 watt. i think there used in indoor halogen light fixtures, im sure i fitted an uplighter with that type of lamp in it.
    ill make a call and post back later.

made a quick call and they are available in 60 watt but have not seen them in 75 watt. they should cost about 3.50 plus vat approx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Cheers lads. Only getting a chance to check in now. It's definitely a 75w 78mm and it's from a bathroom cabinet.

I've been meaning to get into the likes of T. O'Reilly and Wesco in Newbridge but they're genarally closed when I leave for work and again when I get back.

I have found 100w ones in B&Q etc. but that's the lowest they go. I'd be afraid that this would be a bit much.

That 60w option sounds good NorthDublin. Where/who's the supplier?

• Advertisement
Advertisement