Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Game Size?

Options
  • 07-12-2007 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Right,the min system requirements are 8 gigs on the eve website.But In a net cafe whos let me copy there version of the game,they only ahev the size at 1.55 gigs,The latest patch was downloaded as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'd be doubtful that it takes up 8Gb but it is possible. But to be honest if you can't spare 8 Gb on your hard drive I have to ask do the rest of your systems specs even meet the minimum requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

who the hell do you think you are like

WTF?

and the game is working with just the 1.55,They probably don't have the expansions downloaded.And When did I say I couldn't spare 8 GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Seloth wrote: »
    and the game is working with just the 1.55,They probably don't have the expansions downloaded.And When did I say I couldn't spare 8 GB?
    The fact that you were asking implied that 8Gb was a big deal for you.
    Eve has no expansions, only patches, as such if you can log in on a 1.55Gb version then that's all there is to the classic version (there's also premium but all that offers is graphics improvements AFAIK).

8 GB is allot to download for me as I have ****ty broadband like 3/4 of the pop with eircom.

And they are expansions,but they come free,,thats what it says on their site.

So whats with the Premium and classic thing btw,Is it only graphics?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

what eve is like 500 meg in size + 500 meg for the fancy graphics ****e at the moment 2 eve clinets (one for main server one for test) are takeing up 5.4 gig of space on my pc but i could get rid of a lot of game logs and save some space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

8 GB is allot to download for me as I have ****ty broadband like 3/4 of the pop with eircom.

Think of checking the eve online web page? It shows the size of the clients.

http://www.eve-online.com/download/windows.asp

605mb for the client with the "classic" graphics

1160mb for the client with "Premium" graphics.
    And they are expansions,but they come free,,thats what it says on their site.

They might call them expansions but they're more like content updates atm.
    So whats with the Premium and classic thing btw,Is it only graphics?

The only difference atm is shineyness, the premium upgrade is just nicer models for ships/stations/stargates and a bit of extra shineyness, some better caching (if you have the ram for it) and some small extras.

I'm not sure about the minimum of 6gb hard drive space, eve takes up about 3gb for me (with premimum), perhaps it's for installing new patches? I know some game patches require you have a large amount of space free

Why take the copy from a netcafe when you can get the client which is smaller? Saves on hassle if the eve client you got won't run on your machine for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

My install is at 3.3 gigs. What can be safely deleted out of there to slim that down?

I got it from the gameing cafe as I thought it would be a 6gb download

Advertisement