Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Surge protector for av equipment

Options
  • 07-12-2007 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Saw in a soundstore that haveing a good quality surge protector makes a difference in life/performance of your audio /video equipment.
    I have sony bravia 32inch and ps3.Does anyone recommend a good surge protector for av equipment .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I got myself one of those monster Home Theatre protectors , all sockects are coloured and labeled if you have a lot of AV equipment.
    They also regulate the current to remove interference from your equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

recommend any good places online to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I got mine in the Sony Centre in Dublin.
    Over €110 aswell , but worth it if you have a lot of expensive equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Saw in a soundstore that haveing a good quality surge protector makes a difference in life/performance of your audio /video equipment.

A surge protector is good to have , in the case of power cuts and storms it will stop your equipment getting damaged ,

But it does absolutely nothing to the quality of the sound or picture on your equipment , thats a myth , surge protectors stop spikes on AC only , almost all equipment works on DC and any power conditioning is done directly after the AC power input inside your equipment , a surge protector has no effect on that besides preventing spikes from damaging that particular part of the circuitry.

It will in no way improve audio or video quality.

Advertisement