Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taking an ACCA fundamental only

• 07-12-2007 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I have to take the F8 audit & assurance as I didn't do it in college ( Damn language module)
    I've missed the deadlines due to unforeseen circumstances and now I want to get back on track.

I'm too late to join all the auditing courses now so I'm wondering if I have to take the auditing before I can go on to the rest of the ACCA exams, P1 etc. I presume I have to.

I'm also wondering where the best night classes are for a midlands based tired trainee accountant:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

What do you mean you're too late to register for the classes? The exam was two days ago and the next one is in June 2008, so you've plenty of time to register for classes.

You can register for up to 4 consecutive exams, so with a bit of smart thinking you can actually pick and choose what exams you do.
    For example:
    Register for F8, P1, and P2. Sit papers P1 and P2. You're results will (hopefully) be: F8 DNS (did not sit) P1 Pass P2 Pass.
    Then you can go back and do F8 at the next sitting
    Understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Philthy

Most of the colleges I've looked up( GCD, BPP, DBS) have already held the F8 course. Most of them also don't have the timetables up for 2008. I didn't want to just presume they would run the course again. Maybe someone out there knows?

I should just hold tight. My ACCA registration has been delayed anyway so I may be right royally screwed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

I can assure you that the F8 course will be held for the exams of June 2008. It's just way too early to be booking your place in a class.
    Most people wait until they get their results (end of February) and only then do they book their place in a class (DBS, BPP etc) Both if these colleges will have an open day in early March, I suggest you go to these and ask as much questions as you can.

By the way, it's possible to study by 'distance learning'. The BPP package is quite good. F8 is 100% theory. You don;t need a lecturer to show you how to work out a formula, equation etc. You just have to read, read and read.
    It's worth thinking about, as I find the travelling back and forth to class is nearly as hard as the actual studying

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Philthy

ok thanks. I got my results from college in September but I had other things to deal with first before I could think of exams/college work etc. I'll look into the distance learning, at least for the F8 exam.

After so many delays, I was just hoping to get it nearly sorted this side of Christmas. Ah well. I'll just have to wrap myself in tinsel and wait for it all to be over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Have you already registered with the ACCA?

• Advertisement
Advertisement