Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Satellite M35X-S349 Notebook

Options
  • 06-12-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is my Laptop Windows Vista compatible??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Welcome to boards :)

You would get better responses in the Laptop forum.

To answer your question, to run Vista, your laptop needs to meet certain specifications. From a quick web search, I've found that your model has a Pentium M 745 1.7 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM and an 80 GB hard drive. The biggest problem here is the RAM. 512 MB RAM will just suffice for running the most basic version of Vista called, as you might expect, Vista Basic. Avoid like the plague.

If you're willing to spend a little money and improve the user experience, you really need more RAM -- at least 1 GB, ideally 2 GB if your laptop will take it.

Also, Vista can fill a hard drive pretty quickly -- the room taken up after installation is more substantial than what XP takes up. A new 'feature' called Shadow Copy also eats storage space [although this can be disabled].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bostonbhoy

Thanks for the information:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'll just move this over to the Laptops forum.

Advertisement