Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I go about getting my iPod Touch replaced?

Options
  • 06-12-2007 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

I've had a few problems with my iPod since I got, the obvious being...

* Sometimes it won't turn on
    * Music starts to skip and then restarts
    * iPod turns on but the backlight won't come on (not the brightness settings)
    * The home key looks a little damaged inside it (you have to see it to know what I mean)
    * Battery life is maximum 6 hours

I checked my warrenty on the Apple site and...
    Apple.com wrote:
    Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on 24 Oct 2008.

Your product is eligible for complimentary phone support which is estimated to expire on 23 Jan 2008.

If you believe that this information is inaccurate, learn how to update your coverage status. Please put your sales receipt in a safe place. You will need it for warranty validation.

Extend your service and support coverage for your product with the AppleCare Protection Plan. If you have already purchased an AppleCare Protection Plan, make sure you have registered it.

So can anyone point me in the right direction for this? I've seen guys talking about getting replacements here for nothing problems, I keep thinking mine is one of the bad batch because my phone support warrenty ends in January (meaning it's nearly a year old - I think) and I know they had screen problems.

PS: Yes it's Jailbroken but I tested this out on a fresh version of 1.1.1 as well - no change. It's happen since I got it (bought mine on eBay from China - where it's made)

PPS: Contact numbers would be great guys and gals - thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Never fear, iPod Service Request from here - https://selfsolve.apple.com/

I'm getting a package to return my iPod with and getting a new one replaced.

Faaaaaaaaaaaantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

My iPod Touch wouldn't start up for me. The problem started during the recent software upgrade to version 1.1.2. Rang Apple support, was on to them for about an hour while they checked various things, the longest wait was while I was been transferred to a higher level technican who eventually set it up for repair. A courier came out dropped a box off with packaging instructions, rang them back and they collected it. Few days later (5 or 6), a replacement iPod Touch was sent out to me. Its a different one than the one I sent them. I haven't got the number to hand but check their website, its on the support pages somewhere, but be prepared to wait on the phone for ages, its freephone I think. The iPod was only a few weeks old at the time. Your warranty will cover you, just quote them your serial no.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Are these jailbroken pods by any chance? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Mine wasn't

Advertisement