Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What vendors still stock windows xp laptops?

Options
  • 06-12-2007 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking to buy a laptop, and would like to shop around. The thing is, I have certain requirements, the main two being:

* That it has windows xp installed, rather than vista. (I need windows for college, and I trust xp more than vista)
    * That it has an nvidia card (I'll be making a linux partition)

I know I can go to Dell for this, but I'm wondering if there are any other companies that still ship with xp, and nvidia cards?

Thanks,
    Aoife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Fabio

I was going to say Dell but you've already covered that...

You could always wipe the laptop clean of Vista and put XP on yourself if it came to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Yeah, I'd rather not do that, for a number of reasons. Least because I'd have to buy a copy of xp when I'd already paid for vista, which I just wouldn't want to use. Plus, I don't know if it's getting to the point that some drivers are only available for vista (I really don't know if that's the case yet, but I know a friend was advised against wiping vista for that reason).

And I'd rather avoid Dell if at all possible (I had a friend who had bad experiences), but if it comes down to it, I'll probably use them.

Thanks though, :)
    Aoife

Advertisement