Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web-based database part II

Options
  • 06-12-2007 4:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This week I asked a question about what software to use to design a CMS site to keep track of docs and was surprised by how many intelligent and useful answers I got.

So maybe you might be able to help me with this one...

In the same way that programs such as Joomla allow you to create CMS-based sites, is there a solution in creating review based sites such as Yelp which would contain a database of pubs/bars/clubs and allow users to add comments and vote.

I think I know how to do this using mysql and a html editor but I really don't have half of my life to waste on it so I thought I'd ask in case there was a shortcut as you pointed out about the CMS software.

Maybe Joomla and its like is the answer again but with extra add-ons ?

Comments

Advertisement