Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillwalking Anyone?

Options
  • 06-12-2007 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey there,

Any members into hillwalking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Yep, I think its one of the more popular activities in here. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jambon

Im in North Leinster, walk in Mournes and in Wicklow, would like to hear any good routes that i may not have done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Sorry to steal your thread mate but if anyone knows any dublin ones for beginners that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Big into walking and looking at joining a club - they all seem quite regimented though.

For Wicklow mountains you can't beat in and around Glendalough (? do waymarked walks count as Hill Walking ???)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

this is a good link on the MCI site for people to find their nearest club with contact details and club intro provided:
    http://www.mountaineering.ie/nearestclub/index.asp
    Sorry to steal your thread mate but if anyone knows any dublin ones for beginners that would be great

with the dublin listing in particular:
    http://www.mountaineering.ie/nearestclub/viewdetails.asp?catID=9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Jambon wrote: »
    Im in North Leinster, walk in Mournes and in Wicklow, would like to hear any good routes that i may not have done

this is a great site to be a great resource for getting info and other's thoughts on routes etc:
    http://mountainviews.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've been trying to get started hillwalking but haven't managed to get out there yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Would love to give it a go, living in the wicklow area, and would like to hook up with some beginners.

Sorry for the hijack. :)

Great to hear so many ppl interested,

Im in a club myself but I would not agree that clubs are too regimented, at least not mine!!!

The advantage to a club i suppose is that u have walks organised and ppl to lead them so for the beginner they are a great way to start.

Happy trekking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Have a look at this if you haven't seen it already.

Yeah I saw that Phil, not sure yet what my Xmas hols are, I dont usually have a big pile of time off, but it sounds good to me! let us know if u get much interest in it, would be a nice area, assuming the weather was kind, but then if u were gonna wait for the weather....u wouldnt go anywhere in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JoMolo

Any one know any hill walking clubs in Dublin with a young ish age profile??

Advertisement