Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading HP Pavilion Laptop

Options
  • 05-12-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a HP pavilion laptop about 2 years old. I want to upgrade the RAM (currently 1Gb) and possibly the processor (currently a 1.8Ghz AMD) in it. Does anyone have any recommendations for what processor and RAM to buy.
    Can the processor in these laptops be upgraded?

Thanks
    djd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

RAM would be no problem but you'll need to check how many sticks are in there now (probably 2 X 512) and the max the laptop can take. I'd say the answer is no for the CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

As Kaizer said, no to the cpu as its not a viable option really but the RAM should be well able to be upgraded, goto www.memoryc.com and in the top right click "Memory Configurator" look for your laptops model number under HP-Compaq and see what the max ram is that it can take.

Advertisement