Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ Sports Awards - Team of the Year

Options
  • 05-12-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Not that I am one for canvassing, but I think its deserved...

"RTÉ Sport will present The RTÉ Sports Awards 2007 in association with The Irish Sports Council on Friday, 21 December."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rtesportsawards2007.html

Team of the Year - Irish Cricket Team?

I think so! :)

G'wan, vote for them :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah I think they definitely deserve it. Chances are it'll go to Kerry or Kilkenny though.

Person of the year should be a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Marshy wrote: »
    Person of the year should be a foregone conclusion.

Steve Staunton got my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I have €50 on Trent Johnson to get Sports Personality of the Year, at 200 - 1. Any chance someone can get behind that campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

DMC wrote: »
    Not that I am one for canvassing, but I think its deserved...

"RTÉ Sport will present The RTÉ Sports Awards 2007 in association with The Irish Sports Council on Friday, 21 December."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rtesportsawards2007.html

Team of the Year - Irish Cricket Team?

I think so! :)

G'wan, vote for them :)

Im not a big cricket fan but they are my team of the year. Think people might have forgotten about them though because it happened earlier in the year.

I dont see any other team to top them. Kerry and Kilkenny were expected to win , Irish soccer and rugby was a disaster this year. Cricket should win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Irish Cricket Team and Trent...vote cast

randomer wrote: »
    I have €50 on Trent Johnson to get Sports Personality of the Year, at 200 - 1. Any chance someone can get behind that campaign?

I wonder how it is actually chosen. We are just nominating a person, not actually voting for them. Is it just a panel of judges? If it was online vote it could be easily rigged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

i know we're probably biased here but i can't see what other team could possibly be considered? maybe drogheda united, but given the money behind them in recent years they were expected to be there or thereabouts. so has to be the cricket team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

KevIRL wrote: »
    Irish Cricket Team and Trent...vote cast

done and done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just voted for both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Just voted. They bloody deserve to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

i voted,
    They defo deserve it to get as far as they did and raise the profile of cricket in the country
    Hope they win!
    C'MON IRELAND!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

While no individual made it to the RTÉ Sports Person of The Year shortlist, the team is on the team shortlist.

I don't think its a public txt or phone-in vote.

Full details here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

While no individual made it to the RTÉ Sports Person of The Year shortlist, the team is on the team shortlist.

I don't think its a public txt or phone-in vote.

Full details here

There goes my €50!

PP has the lads odds-on favourites at 10-11. So looking good seemingly.

Padraig Harrington is fancied for the individual award to say the least at 1-66

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPECIALS&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=58&ev_type_id=9304

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well, cricket team deservedly got the award. Who will ever forget where they were when they found out about the result of that Pakistan match?

Yeah I'm very pleased they won it. Fully deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes! Well done lads. Lets home our little campaign here got them over the line! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Delighted for the team. Big well done to one and all.

Pity Trent missed out on sportsperson of the year, although I guess no one was gonna take that off Harrington.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Yes! Well done lads. Lets home our little campaign here got them over the line! :)

Every little helps;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭barnaclebill

RTE Sport sucks - end

3 year old thread! Way to go you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭barnaclebill

My beef with RTE is that everywhere else has the breaking news about 24 hours before them. Such a poor service for our tax-payers

This is a thread about the cricket team. Not your problems with RTE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Locked old thread - TV forum is the place to discuss the quality or otherwise of RTE Sport.

Report posts, folks, don't abuse posters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement