Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a laptop in dublin

Options
  • 04-12-2007 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Anyone no a good shop to buy a laptop in in dublin? I've been told to sttayaway from pc-world, dixons and the likes anyone know of anywhere else with a good track record?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I've heard good things about the Laptop Shop in Stephens Greens, and on the one or two occassions I've visited its seems a nice place. Plus I hear they'll match any online price for laptopsthey have in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Dell.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

kmick wrote: »
    Dell.ie

They're based in Limerick though.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

http://www.bms.ie/toshiba.htm

try this place, all toshiba though. Most machines have vista business and xp pro supplied with them. Prices are ok but if you have a problem the engineer is on site so they fix it pretty quick. Also toshiba have a great deal at the moment, if you register with them and your machine packs in you get a full refund and a new machine

• Registered Users Posts: 36 denmcn

Onkle wrote: »

try this place, all toshiba though. Most machines have vista business and xp pro supplied with them. Prices are ok but if you have a problem the engineer is on site so they fix it pretty quick. Also toshiba have a great deal at the moment, if you register with them and your machine packs in you get a full refund and a new machine

If you look at the specs you'll see that the XP Professional is only a 60 day trial....thought it sounded too good to be true!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Onkle wrote: »
    Also toshiba have a great deal at the moment, if you register with them and your machine packs in you get a full refund and a new machine

How long does this extra warranty last for though???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

denmcn wrote: »
    If you look at the specs you'll see that the XP Professional is only a 60 day trial....thought it sounded too good to be true!!:D
    If you buy vista business, the license allows you to install XP pro instead for now and then put on Vista business later on.

Vista home doesn't allow you to use XP home though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

s_carnage wrote: »
    How long does this extra warranty last for though???

It's a standard one year warranty

Advertisement