Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising going rates

Options
  • 04-12-2007 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. First time posting in this section, so I hope I'm not offending etiquette here...
    For my sins, I run bohemians.ie, which is the official website of Bohemian FC (the world's greatest real football club, of course).
    Just as Bohemians sell ads in the ground and sponsorship on jerseys, I'm hoping to look for similar revenue for the website, which has reasonably respectable traffic that is on the up.
    At the moment I have Adsense stuck on the site, but I'm sure we could do better than that.
    Advertising is not my game, however, and I have no idea of what to charge, and how. Does anyone have any ballpark (sorry, pun intended) figures that I could work with, or know of where I might find such info? I don't think this is of sufficient scale to interest agencies, though of course I might be wrong.
    Many thanks in advance for any tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The most common method would be CPM (cost per 1000 impressions), and that can range from various prices - €10 CPM being a starting point for high traffic sites (highly negotiable as well). It would also depend on the ad placement.

For your situation, you are better negotiating the ad placement for a fixed price, check your web stats to see how many page impressions you are getting per month and that can be your starting point for determining the fixed price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

zabbo wrote: »
    For your situation, you are better negotiating the ad placement for a fixed price, check your web stats to see how many page impressions you are getting per month and that can be your starting point for determining the fixed price.
    Thanks for that -- I was thinking that would be a more viable way of doing it. Can I ask what would be a reasonable base price per thousand page impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

High volume sites would charge around 10 euro, but as always negotiable depending on length of campaign.

For instance you could say you regularly charge 10 euro per 1000 impressions, but are offering a special of 4euro to get advertisers moving ?

Although I think it would be much easier to sell a fixed price per month ad for your site, less complicated, back it up with something like...

* prominent ad placement on homepage which gets 10,000 views each month - 100euro

The more stats and info you have on visitors the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Great stuff Zabbo. Thanks for the guidance!

Advertisement