Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

groups of roma gypsies

Options
  • 04-12-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

hi now this is just a warning to the people who might be out and about in the city at the office parties [sorry i should say dublin] there are groups of roma gypsies going around the center begging and they seem to work in bands of five or more and hit a guy or a couple in a very aggressive manner .the guy is usually well oiled and will be approached by three or four roma woman who will crowd him asking for money but the women have a minder watching whats going on and will give the women the billy if the guards are near they hit the back streets around dame lane ,temple bar etc keep an eye on your wallet or handbag and be careful what you say as these people imo are dangerous .ive seen this at first hand and know a girl who had her handbag dipped by roma flower sellers .[the roma was caught and arrested by the guards but thats all she heard about it]so its not all hearsay .so to the guys and gals out there having a good time and who dont normally be in the city BE CAREFUL and keep an eye out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

hotshots85 wrote: »
    hi now this is just a warning to the people who might be out and about in the city at the office parties [sorry i should say dublin] there are groups of roma gypsies going around the center begging and they seem to work in bands of five or more and hit a guy or a couple in a very aggressive manner .the guy is usually well oiled and will be approached by three or four roma woman who will crowd him asking for money but the women have a minder watching whats going on and will give the women the billy if the guards are near they hit the back streets around dame lane ,temple bar etc keep an eye on your wallet or handbag and be careful what you say as these people imo are dangerous .ive seen this at first hand and know a girl who had her handbag dipped by roma flower sellers .[the roma was caught and arrested by the guards but thats all she heard about it]so its not all hearsay .so to the guys and gals out there having a good time and who dont normally be in the city BE CAREFUL and keep an eye out

Not these eejits again. It was bad enough when they were just begging. Now they aggressively sell flowers.... and MUG?? Deport them.

There's one at the parnell st. end of o'connell st who tries to sell me flowers constantly when I'm out. Fair enough if I'm with a girl, but last time I was in a group of lads.

-You want rose?

-Why would I wanna buy these ugly cnuts a rose?

That killed her sales pitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

damn poor people, how dare they remind us they exist.

how dare they!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Not these eejits again. It was bad enough when they were just begging. Now they aggressively sell flowers.... and MUG?? Deport them.

There's one at the parnell st. end of o'connell st who tries to sell me flowers constantly when I'm out. Fair enough if I'm with a girl, but last time I was in a group of lads.

-You want rose?

-Why would I wanna buy these ugly cnuts a rose?

That killed her sales pitch.

Maybe she fancies you and was hoping you'd buy the rose and give it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Now they aggressively sell flowers....

Its like a post-apocalyptic wasteland;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

That reminds of a couple of years ago when myself and my mate were wandering through Temple Bar at 2 am and there was a drunk fella surrounded by about 5 or 6 Roma women, 2 had their hands deep inside his pockets and passing what they took to another woman. The bloke was so drunk he didn't even notice. They had a group of 4 or 5 tough looking men in leather jackets standing around them keeping watch.

It reminded me of a nature documentary where a wounded antelope is surrounded by a herd of lions and being taken down. We didn't bother intervening because if the bloke hadn't gotten himself so pissed that he was unaware of being robbed then its his own fault and I didn't feel like taking on all those tough men (and probably tougher women).

• Advertisement

Maybe she fancies you and was hoping you'd buy the rose and give it to her.

If only I wasn't so oblivious I could have some fat, wart covered, hairy roma. I bet she's a demon in the sack, all those babies they carry round!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

There was me thinking this would be about actual groups made of Roma Gypsies. Like a Roma version of the Spice Girls or something. Imagine that!

Its like a post-apocalyptic wasteland;)

Ok its not that bad, I just hate flower sellers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Mordeth wrote: »
    damn poor people, how dare they remind us they exist.

how dare they!

Exactly! Personally I put it down to poor breeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Whatever happened to the jobsworth Gardai that would arrest these clowns, casual traders license? No? YOU'RE NICKED :D

Take solice in the knowledge that they are doing the same in most european cities and also they don't get any social farewell here ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Never heard of this happening, quite surprised. I do find begging/selling flowers annoying, but sometimes people are very cruel to them. Better off politely (though with some assertiveness) saying "No" but some people treat 'em very bad.

I don't have any sympathy for their lack of wealth: it seems to be the lifestyle they have chosen throughout the world. Their poor because they choose to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Ok its not that bad, I just hate flower sellers!

ah I'm only messin with you/ Its a pain in the hole alright, but usually in my experience two "no thanks" and they leave you alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

People begging on the streets of Dublin, you say?

This country really is gong downhill/ a kip/ the worst place in the world/ a horrible place to live/ full of scumbags/ worse than every other place in the entire two universes and everyone should leave right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement