Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More volume steps

Options
  • 04-12-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I don't suppose anyone else has ever wished the volume buttons on their laptop would give a few more steps? Is there any work around for it I wonder?

See the problem is, if you press the volume down button, it could be still loud, and then you press it again and it goes to the lowest volume (mute) by pressing the button on the machine, but if you then go back to the volume you were at and click the volume icon in the taskbar and press the down key, you can press it 22 times (well on my Dell Vostro 1500 with XP it's 22 times) lowering it a smaller bit each time and eventually mutes it.

So is there any way to add more "steps" or clicks to the button on the laptop so it would take 22 presses to get to the same low volume instead of just muting it one click after what was pretty loud.

I had the same issue with my Acer so it's probably universal.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Can't say this issue has ever bothered me, volume is volume really , goes up, goes down and mutes...
    I don't know that theres a "fix" out there but from experience don't make a problem where there isn't one! :p

Advertisement