Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ding! Level 50...

Options
  • 04-12-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Anyone else made it to the top? Took me about 3 weeks 20 hours of game time. Yawn....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm still stuck on lvl 30 (I think) and just can't get the time to go back to it. I'm hoping to get more time over christmas, but I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it. I popped on a few weeks ago just for a little while and couldn't find a single other player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yeah I know what you mean, the player count seems to have dropped.
    I was going to restart but most of the ppl I played with have moved back to either eve or wow and I'm tempted to join them.

Its a pity cos it's a great game, but there's no point soloing mmorpgs since you may as well be playing oblivion and save yourself a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, plus there's a dose of MMORPG's coming out over the next while which is going to sap the player base even more.

Once Conan gets released we should get this forum renamed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Yeah I know what you mean, the player count seems to have dropped. I was going to restart but most of the ppl I played with have moved back to either eve or wow and I'm tempted to join them.

I'm not noticing a player drop at all to be honest. Its possible that after having a break from the game that a lot of people that started at the same time have leveled up and are in the higher level areas. AFAIK the player numbers are still are growing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 fergusm76

I'm a slow leveller. Only got to 38 last night. I get distracted a bit by crafting and chatting.

The crafting can take a lot of time and money away from you. My advice would be to stay clear of it until you a good bit higher(level wise) then the area in which the resources that you need to collect are in. The stuff that you can craft at lower levels if little more then vendor trash so no point in wasting time with it if you can revisit in a couple of levels and do it in a fraction of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 fergusm76

Being an explorer, it's mostly tailoring that I'm levelling which I use for making armour for my alts and low level kinnies. Works for me. Plus they donate hides to me. I've not hit level 40, 10 more to go. Might get to advance a few levels over the Christmas, but got to get some time on Guild Wars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Once Conan gets released we should get this forum renamed :p

Totally agree!!

Wont be long now. A few more months.

Hopefully there will be a nice and early open beta too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Lotro is a kick ass game but the lack of high level content is killing it imho. It way to easy to level up to 50 which I think is a good thing but once your there all you can do is farm armor in either of the two raid dungeons every couple of days or master up on crafting skills.

Has there been any word on the next expansion (not free content) yet as its needed badly to keep people playing. At the moment it just not worth subscribing to.

BTW all those looking foward to Age of Conan might want to cool their heels a bit as feedback from the beta testers is really bad about the state of the game.

• Advertisement

Lotro is a kick ass game but the lack of high level content is killing it imho. It way to easy to level up to 50 which I think is a good thing but once your there all you can do is farm armor in either of the two raid dungeons every couple of days or master up on crafting skills.

There is still plenty that I haven't done yet. They do seem to have put the best gear in the latest instance(The Rift) which has left the other places redundent.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I have to agree with the lack of high level content ,i hit 50 a few months ago and the guild was at that stage just running twice weekly runs in Hele ,everyone had more or less mastered the crafts they wanted ,checked back on after the latest chapter and tbh its just really a grindfest for a few +points of armour etc.This game is going downhill and a lot of people have deserted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Unfortunately it is true that the number of players in the low to mid areas is a fraction of what it was before. I played a lot during beta, and went nuts on it when it went live, and unfortunately burned out on it... didnt fancy logging on to grind some more (also at the time EVE became very exciting). I am having another go at it and to be honest its not easy getting a decent fellowship all the time. But I have figured out how to make easy gold, even at a low level, makes life easy.

I think part of the problem is that the ettenmoors as the only place for pvp is not working, anywhere where there are lvl 45+ exclusively should be open to creeps as well.
    One thing that the so called pvp is doing is showing the massive difference in balance between the freep classes. I believe that hunters need an omgwtf nerf (and instead they are getting a massive buff by all accounts - being able to shoot arrows on the move!!!) and burglars / LM's being able to chain stun/root is ridiculous .... on the other hand, I think the creeps are completely underpowered (some may argue that this is correct from a rp perspective) in most cases when I played, even numbers meant a win for the freeps almost every time... for instance compare the freep to the creep rooting arrow shot :mad:...

I stopped playing monsters when I got one shotted by rangers 3 times in 10 minutes. What muppet came up with that :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I unsubscribed and went back to wow because i heard from pretty much everyone that high end content is non existant.
    My main is lvl 36 or something but im afraid if i resubscribe ill level to 50 fast enough and then get bored.

Love or hate wow it has some great content once you hit lvl 70.
    I just love instances,thats all i do when i play wow.
    If and when LOTRO gets as much high lvl content i will resubscribe.

There are a couple of instances that are worth doing and repeating at level 50.

Rift, Its been made harder with the recent update. Would take quite a few visits to get all the quest rewards. I'd say at least 30 as one drop per mob and its a 12 man instance so the rewards are split out. No point in trying though without a good kin. Pug groups don't tend to get very far.

CD Instance: Very nice money run instance(6 man). Its been nerfed in the recent update so will be interesting to see if the this affects the sale value of rewards.

Ug: Again nice money run(6 man).

Hele: 24 man instance. Difficult to get groups together for it but I believe there are some nice drops here. Aint managed to get in a group for it yet as the kin I am in rarely try to put one together for it.

Alumina instance: I think this one is a six man instance. Again ain't visited it myself as the rewards aint great. Its is on my radar though..

Monsterplay: With the new eteendeeps area monsterplay has been improved. Alot more freeps though and the creeps tend to be out numbered. The creeps do tend to be more organised though so its not all one sided. I did here that there were a lot of vetearn PvP that have moved over to the creep side as they were unhappy with the great influx of freep players that the new update has added.

If anyone is interested in joining an group of established players let me know. Even room for you Cully!

Lister1 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in joining an group of established players let me know. Even room for you Cully!

what's the name of the group you play with, I'm half thinking of revisiting the PvE side of thing again, assuming I can pull myself away from creep play.

Currently playing with "The Dummy Spitters" who are all ex-members of Kitty Meets Critical Mass. Kitty would have been a fairly well known group but split due to differences between the officers and leader on loot distribution. All officers left and created their own group hence the name "Dummy Spitters". We have lost a number of members recently but should still have enough to raid. I should be onto night for a good while so get your Freep to send Blister a tell.

Will do once I decide what to play :)

Have a minstrel and a burglar both very low levels, kind of got bored. What would you recommend, was thinking of returning to the burglar except that everyone and their uncle is one these days (at least on the ettens)

Captain is the most sought after class I reckon as there doesn't seem to be as many of them as other classes. I might try to level a burglar as I've sort of lost interest in the monsterplay. I enjoy playing as a creep but being so out numbered is no fun. Especially when 1v1 freeps are so powerful. I tried to solo a Burg on my warg yesterday, not a chance of me getting him down...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Indeed, freeps are too powerful to solo one as any kind of creep. Combine this with freeps outnumbering creeps and it leaves a bad taste ....:(

• Advertisement

No sign of you last night Hellfire. Post your freep name here when created so I can add him to my friends list to keep an eye out for him...

I've a thief... sorry I mean burglar called sneakah, which I may continue with, though I am thinking of going with a Captain as per your suggestion.

Got the maps I wanted for BossHog, be nice to get to r4 though with him first.

Btw trolls are back in the game which has changed the dynamic again much less camping and lots of keep flipping.

K, I've rolled a captain named Fiach

I've also a minstrel named singalot, but that class isn't really doing it for me.

Advertisement