Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen flashing white??

Options
  • 03-12-2007 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭

My laptop screen is flashing white intermittently, its only a few weeks old. Did a bit of research and it sounds like a loose cable somewhere. Anyone want to advise me on where to check this out.

It's a Medion 96290. Please spare me the "you should have gto a Vostro" comments :rolleyes:.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If it's only a couple of weeks old, I'd take it back to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Does it flash white and switch off or just flash white briefly? I had the White screen of death with my M170 from Dell but it was a graphics card related issue and turned the laptop off aswell, yours does indeed sound like a loose connection somewhere or a faultering backlight.
    I would bring it back as soon as you can and see what they say to you.
    You should have got a Vost....:p

Advertisement