Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for gaining work experience?

Options
  • 03-12-2007 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Using the German language?. I did apply for Translating positions months ago but Ich hatte keine Erfahrung und habe lange Zeit mein Studium hinter mir. Wir kann mann Erfahrung bekommen wenn niemand Erfahrung geben wird?.

Alles gute
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

Das ist der preis der menschlichen entwicklung. quantitativ und qualitativ gesehen. wieso frischst du dein deutsch nicht ein bisschen auf und bewirbst dich noch einmal? du wirst sicherlich schnell wieder drin sein..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

I suppose it's about work experience not language experience. Your German might be as good as possible but it's the writing experience employers are looking for.
    Apparantly you are looking for employment as a translator? Well, you won't get any as long as you can't prove that you actually have some sort of experience or skills. Just having learned another language at school or wherever doesn't qualify you as a translator. You need a college degree in translation or the freelance experience.
    As a translator your target language (English in your case) has to be perfect, that is your phrasing skills.

If you don't have neither a degree nor work experience create some. Create a portfolio of translations you do in your own time.
    As a freelancer most companies ask first for a test translation. If you pass you might get the odd job. If you don't try again.
    Takes time, sweetie, and a lot of patience and determination.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Vielen Dank fuer euren Rat. Have decided to try to find a German converstion Partner....to revise and to learn....Therefore in a few months I should be better equipped to teach or to Translate....

I will try to find a few relevant Texts and translate as evidence of ability.

Mein Deutsch ist aus der Uebung....Mein Niveau ist nicht ganz so gut wie in der Vergangenheit....aber hoeffentlich kann ich mich erhoelen!.... Auf der dauer Hoeffentlich koennte ich uebersetzen....

Ich bin auch qualifiziert English zu unterrichten....Eine Sprache zu lernen hilft mir andere Sprache zu unterrichten..Wenn Ich lerne, lerne ich auch Padagogische Methoden von den Lehrer.

Long term I hope to work with languages, either Teaching or Translating

Thanks for words

Allles guete
    dein Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

dein deutsch ist um längen besser als mein englisch.

by the way, in ein paar wochen werden wir nach irland gehen, um zu arbeiten und zu leben. für diese zeit suchen wir noch einen günstigen (aber guten) englischlehrer.

hat jemand einen tipp? für die region um county wicklow?

Advertisement