Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy hard drive?

Options
  • 03-12-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

my hard drive died i think!!! so need to get a new one.. where would the cheepest place to get a new one? a bricks and morter shop and internet shop...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have a look at dabs.ie or komplett.ie (used by many boards members).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Try elara.ie as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

cheers guys

any shops in dublin tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I've dealt with Marx Computers (marxcomputers.ie) and found them pretty good. Try Peats as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Max Burns is another in Dublin. They have a website as well.

http://maxburns.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

+1 for Marx Computers.
    I've been dealing with them for several years, always a good experience and great after sales :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I thought Elara had filed for liquidation a while back!? Not by the looks of it! They've got a spanking new website alright! (The orignal was diabolical!)
    All the above recommended sites are reputible and great value compared to the likes of PC World and Maplin but I still favour Komplett :)

Yeah elaras old site was quite bad. They have a system builder now as well (or at least they did a while ago). When I seen it, it wasn't as good as kompletts but it had more options which was good.

Looking at marxcomputers and their prices seem a little steep. 120GB 2.5" drive for €100, whereas a 160GB 2.5" drive is only €95 on maxburns.

Advertisement