Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25X in the morning from Adamstown question

Options
  • 03-12-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Just wondering if anyone uses this bus, I was wondering does it now stop at the bus stop near the junction with adamstown and Finnstown and does it also stop at the bus stop between Finnstown house hotel and Adamstown?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Not sure, Have a look at this thread. The basic jist is that the bus route is a magical ever-changing mystery tour!! :)

Here's the Dublin Bus route page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

The route of the 25X is a shambles and that's not even mentioning the fact that in the evenings you just don't know where it's going to go.

Lucan needs public transport and buses would be the quickest option that could make an impact now.

As I sat for 25 minutes on a 25A getting from Ash Park to the Penny Hill I wondered why there is only one bus route. Why not have a more direct route with a feeder bus doing that loop, and even using it as a feeder bus to adamstown station. That would make sense.

And as for the buses (except the X) going through Chapelizod...

I've written to our local Green TD and I 've emailed him about this and I've never got a reply!

I remember years ago when the 25X route first came into being and had a terminus in Dodsboro, sometimes it would go through Lucan village on the journey from town, other times it would continue straight down the N4 dual carriageway.

Perhaps Dublin bus are randomly testing different routes in real-time traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

OK it does stop at Finnstown house hotel stop in the morning :)
    As for the regularity this came up on the transport forum a few weeks back Mortons keep stopping Dublin Bus from putting on extra buses in the mornings and the evenings as they claim its not fair to them, which is a load of crap as grand u can get a Mortons in the morning but I never see any in the city centre around 4 when I'm on the way home, so feck them!
    Yeah there should be a circular bus running around the Lucan are following the 25A route down to woodies and then down by the village and back up to Superquinn it would be very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

A feeder bus would be perfect for schoolkids too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Perhaps Dublin bus are randomly testing different routes in real-time traffic?
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    I now know that I don't get on the Dodsboro bus, unless I want a 45 minute walk home :mad:
    Occasionally though some drivers forget that they're not on the Dodsboro route (grrr).

The 25 routes are ridiculous though! In the earliest days of the 25X I remember the terminus was at Dodsboro and depending on the time of day/driver, the bus coming from town would either bypass the village and take the N4 dual carriageway or go through the village. Invariably, asking the driver what way he was going resulted in a sulky look and threats to throw me off the bus for being smart :confused:

Also, the 25A route used to be a bit of a mystery tour for a while, again mostly coming out from town towards Lucan.

Advertisement