Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of the strangest experiences of my life....yet!!!

Options
  • 03-12-2007 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Ok well.....i went out last friday night with a few friends to town. Got home...this taxi driver followed me home from my village while i was running home. It stops outside my house. I keep looking out one of the windows to see whats going on, taxi driver is shouting at whoever he is driving (2 girls, and 1 lad) but doesnt seem to be bothering me. So i go to bed (friday night)....

Wake up (saturday morning), look out my window....and my car is gone. ****!! I go look outside, cant see it anywhere. Tell my parents...they say call the cops. I do so, and they come within about 5 minutes. Take an interview....and say they will put it out over the system etc..
    Then i say to my dad, i might have left it at the dart station, but i was 99% sure i didnt. So, we go down and check.............it was there!!!

Cue phoning the guards again.....not happy! They come back to me, and give me a lecture on wasting police time, and saying that they could charge me for making a false statement etc....so a week later...im still waiting for something in the post...but im slightly doubtful that i will get something.

Basically what happened was, i had gone to college on friday morning at 7am, and had driven down and left the car there. I came home at 5, forgetting i left the car there and got a lift with a friend home. Then i walked to the dart station and got the dart again at 9 (not noticing my car was there, or even noticing that it wasnt at my house). So i just completely forgot where i had left it. And when i woke up the next morning, the taxi incident kinda got me thinking....was it involved in taking my car (if it happened).

Has anyone ever done something like this??? I was quite embarassed when i had to phone the guards back....the 1st time i have had to call them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No, never done that. Probably because i am not an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Duh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

sternn wrote: »
    Has anyone ever done something like this???
    Nope, and I'm 37 and have got a lot of previous 'stupid' in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm absent minded but that's extreme! You're lucky they didn't haul the driver in for questioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

This reminds me of a really weird story. Last Friday I got in a taxi with a my girlfriend and her friend. We wanted to travel to Bray but the taximan was having none of it. We argued with him in the car for a bit. Outside I could see some guy wearing chaps. It was very funny. We saw him go into his house.

A few minutes later we got out of the taxi. One of the girls really needed to go to the toilet so in a panic I checked the door of a car near where the gay guy lived. It was unlocked. We got in and hot wired it.

After dropping the girls home I felt really guilty about stealing the car so I drove it back to where I took it, but I couldn't find the house so left it near the dart station.

It was a really funny night but maybe you had to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Ok well.....i went out last friday night with a few friends to town. Got home...this taxi driver followed me home from my village while i was running home.

Why were you running home?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ok well.....i went out last friday night with a few friends to town. Got home...this taxi driver followed me home from my village while i was running home. It stops outside my house. I keep looking out one of the windows to see whats going on, taxi driver is shouting at whoever he is driving (2 girls, and 1 lad) but doesnt seem to be bothering me. So i go to bed (friday night)....

Wake up (saturday morning), look out my window....and my car is gone. ****!! I go look outside, cant see it anywhere. Tell my parents...they say call the cops. I do so, and they come within about 5 minutes. Take an interview....and say they will put it out over the system etc..
    Then i say to my dad, i might have left it at the dart station, but i was 99% sure i didnt. So, we go down and check.............it was there!!!

Cue phoning the guards again.....not happy! They come back to me, and give me a lecture on wasting police time, and saying that they could charge me for making a false statement etc....so a week later...im still waiting for something in the post...but im slightly doubtful that i will get something.

Basically what happened was, i had gone to college on friday morning at 7am, and had driven down and left the car there. I came home at 5, forgetting i left the car there and got a lift with a friend home. Then i walked to the dart station and got the dart again at 9 (not noticing my car was there, or even noticing that it wasnt at my house). So i just completely forgot where i had left it. And when i woke up the next morning, the taxi incident kinda got me thinking....was it involved in taking my car (if it happened).

Has anyone ever done something like this??? I was quite embarassed when i had to phone the guards back....the 1st time i have had to call them.
    If i say what i really want to say right now i'll be site banned. So i'll keep schtum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

OP are you blonde?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

sternn, I'm going to do you a favour: I'm going to lock this. If you insist on it being open - drop me a PM.

………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
    …………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
    ………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
    ……,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\
    ….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
    …..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
    …...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
    …….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
    ……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
    ……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
    ……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
    …….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
    …….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
    ……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
    …...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
    …….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
    ……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…………\
    ..............f`-,………`-,/…*-,___,,-~*….,-*……|…`-,..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement