Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<€200 satnav dublin

Options
  • 03-12-2007 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

anyone recommend anything decent in any stores in dublin around the sub 200 price range?

i dont drive particularly much, but my sense of direction is abysmal. the satnav would only really be to get me to say town a, as opposed to actually getting me from door to door if that helps narrow, or broaden things

cheers in advance

pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Halfords have the garmin nuvi 200 for €199.99 at the moment. If you ask for the silver gift pack it more than likely will have version10 mapping preloaded onto it aswell but be sure to ask that before you buy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ta very muchly! you recommend that unit yeah?

If you can get yourself the one with V10 then yep, its brilliant. UK & Ireland fully loaded, Easy to use, no software issues. All in all a very good unit. If you are just using it to get to the centre of a town city or village, don't select address, instead select cities, press spell and type the town,village or city you are going to and it will bring you to that place! Best of luck with it if you do get it.

nice one man, just one more quick question

is it worth buying if it doesnt have the version 10 mapping preloaded? can you get it online and put it on yourself or anything or does it cost more to get it?

cheers again

update on this if anyone else is interested in one of these, halfords in drogheda have 19 of the silver gift pack in the nuvo 200 in stock

getting one later meself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

Also Memoryc has the Garmin 200, 250 and 300 for under €199, delivery is €5

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Helix wrote: »
    update on this if anyone else is interested in one of these, halfords in drogheda have 19 of the silver gift pack in the nuvo 200 in stock

getting one later meself

Can you let us know which version of maps this has V9 or V10?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bsj

Just got one of these in Halfords in Coolock and it does have the v10 maps or city navigator 2008 as its called! Its the special edition one, comes with a leather case. (Nuvi 200)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

nava wrote: »
    Also Memoryc has the Garmin 200, 250 and 300 for under €199, delivery is €5
    Look again! Those are all ex. VAT prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Just a quick comment on the mapping... Garmin have started to ship NT2008 on most units these days, although officially their maps are still the older NT V9. If buying a Garmin in the next 6-9 weeks I would recommend checking with the ship/etailer (before buying!) which version it has... there are still lots of Garmin units with V9.

-jayo

• Advertisement

jk2001 wrote: »
    Just a quick comment on the mapping... Garmin have started to ship NT2008 on most units these days, although officially their maps are still the older NT V9. If buying a Garmin in the next 6-9 weeks I would recommend checking with the ship/etailer (before buying!) which version it has... there are still lots of Garmin units with V9.

-jayo

Be aware that many shops need to shift the V9 maps too so they may tell you that they do not have V10. It might be better to wait until after xmas to buy if you are not in a rush. :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

bsj wrote: »
    Just got one of these in Halfords in Coolock and it does have the v10 maps or city navigator 2008 as its called! Its the special edition one, comes with a leather case. (Nuvi 200)

Hi

Does it have the version of the maps on the Box? is it the silver gift as mention above?

Does anyone know if the 200w (with wider screen is also available with v10 maps?)

Thanks

nava wrote: »
    Hi

Does it have the version of the maps on the Box? is it the silver gift as mention above?

Does anyone know if the 200w (with wider screen is also available with v10 maps?)

Thanks

200W's arent preloaded with V10 at all in halfords. Very few 250Ws are and they are probably gone because only a few came in to test and that. So i'd say if you are looking for a 200w with V10, you'll have to wait a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

You usually cannot see the version number on the box... you need to start the unit to see which map it.

However, lots of 250s DO have the NT2008 version (the latest map is NOT called NT v10!!) - our company sell them and I know all our 250s have the latest maps.

-jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

halfords have the garmin c550 for 189euro is this v09 or v10. and if i don't do much driven would the v9 be ok.. it has bluetooth on it is that ok on them ????

alan18 wrote: »
    halfords have the garmin c550 for 189euro is this v09 or v10. and if i don't do much driven would the v9 be ok.. it has bluetooth on it is that ok on them ????

V9, sold out in alot of halfords stores

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Where does one find out what version map I have? Also, how much does it cost to upgrade maps - or can they be obtianed free?

In addition, does it make a difference when I register the product?

Advertisement