Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a handyman/carpenter for basic shelves?

Options
  • 03-12-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys,

I'm looking for someone to stick up some basic shelves for dvds in a new apartment in Portmarnock. Can anyone recommend anyone decent? Would I be better off going for a carpenter in the golden pages or just a handyman type. All I'm looking for is to put up very simple shelves in a small storage room to house about 500-600 DVDs.

I'd do it myself but I'd end up sawing an appendage off or something.

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 earlyturner

hey,
    i'd say for a little job like that, you'll be charged a fourtune. maybe a friend who could do it for you? try it your self and see how it goes.what kind of wall are you butting the shelves on?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Thanks for the reply, yeah I'd say you're right.
    I've chatted to mates and one of them's gonna help me out.

In response to your question about the wall, and this will go some ways to explain why I help, it's a white plaster wall and the other side is an apartment corridor!

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Dublin579 wrote: »
    Hiya guys,

I'm looking for someone to stick up some basic shelves for dvds in a new apartment in Portmarnock. Can anyone recommend anyone decent? Would I be better off going for a carpenter in the golden pages or just a handyman type. All I'm looking for is to put up very simple shelves in a small storage room to house about 500-600 DVDs.

I'd do it myself but I'd end up sawing an appendage off or something.

cheers!

go to ikea when they open in belfast on 13th

they do lovely stuff for this application

Advertisement