Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth buying todays ibood? Transcend 1GB DDR2 667mhz (for notebooks)

Options
  • 03-12-2007 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭

Bought the Aldi laptop (Vista Home premium 2GB RAM) about 6 weeks ago and I was looking at todays ibood Dec 3rd, just wondering is it worth purchasing?

It is already pretty quick so will this make much of a difference?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Chances are your laptop only has 2 memory slots and they would be taken up with 2 x 1GB sticks. So you don't even have the space to put in that ram stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers for that AM, but saying I did have that third slot would the difference be noticeable and is it a good offer at €28 inclyding P&P?

Sorry for the stupid questions, cars and guns more my area of interest!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you have the extra slot (very few laptops do so I would be surprised) and your laptop can take more than 2GBs ram then yeah it looks like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers again AM. My friend was looking at it too, he has an Inspirion 1300 with only 256mb RAM. Looked it up on the dell website and his laptop can take 2048mb of ram so even if he doesnt have a spare slot it would be possible to replace the existing memory with this card, yes?

Again sorry for the early learning centre questions!

Advertisement