Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on a Hi-Fi?

Options
  • 03-12-2007 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

The mother asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I was stumped so she suggested a new Hi-Fi. I currently have a Sony one that has a 3 disc changer but it's getting a bit dodgy now so I guess it's time for a new one.

Ideally I'd like one that I could dock my iPod in and just play from that. But I know next to nothing about Hi-Fi's, so I've no idea if that's even possible. Hence, me coming here and asking for suggestions.

It doesn't have to be too loud it's only for my bedroom, a cd-changer would be nice. And that's about it, for what I need.

So recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

If you need to play your MP3/iPod through it, most Hi-fis have an aux connection in the back. (your current one may even have one) All you need is a standard Stereo miniplug to RCA audio cable.
    The stereo mini plug plugs into your headphone jack. Then the two RCA ends plug into the back of the stereo. And you just set the function/source to aux.

Some newer hi-fis may advertise all-singing, all-dancing ipod/mp3 connectors and ports. These are no better than the standard aux connection.

Advertisement