Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oceanfree.net

Options
  • 02-12-2007 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭

Im having trouble accessing my oceanfree.net webmail a/c. anyone else on this?
    can someone with an account try to log on, or is it just me?
    Thanks.
    Ed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

They still exist?!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

Can't access mine either atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I can't get into mine either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Thanks guys, thought it was something i'd done.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

i'm surprised it's still going!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Had my Dad texting me the other day in a panic wondering what he did wrong as he couldn't access his account either. Told him it was Oceanfree given their history of late. Anyone else getting in excess of 100 spam mails in their Oceanfree inbox per day? His has got some fierce problems. Managed to wean him onto Gmail though thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I still have one of those too :D

Their Web interface is down at the minute but it's working fine using POP3.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

omg didnt think they still existed, i had them about 4 years ago and they were gerat at the time for my isdn.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mazza

Yeah, web access to Oceanfree.net has been down since Saturday morning.

There is a note on their support site which gives an alternative way to get your email (using the underlying webmail service, I guess). I was able to get into it OK this way just now.

Here's the info with the URL in bold:

Problems accessing Oceanfree Webmail

Question
    Why am I unable to check new email on the Oceanfree Webmail site?

Answer

If you check your your emails using the Oceanfree Webmail site you may receive the following error message after entering your Email Name and Password.

An error has occured

Invalid utokc for username@oceanfree.net

This error message is returned because of a network problem with the Webmail service that is effecting all users. Our network technicians are aware of the problem and are working on a resolution.

In the meantime you can access new email directly from the POP server. To do this direct your web browser to http://www.mail2web.com

Enter your full email address and password. All the emails waiting for you to be downloaded will be displayed on this website. You will be able to send and receive new email from this site but will not have access to older emails.

You can also configure an email program to manage your email rather than using the Oceanfree Webmail site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

The issue is still ongoing, I will keep you guy's updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Still broken :/

Is there a way to access my old emails in my oceanfree account from outside? I don't have anything important in there apart from one mail I need info from.

lafortezza wrote: »
    Still broken :/

Is there a way to access my old emails in my oceanfree account from outside? I don't have anything important in there apart from one mail I need info from.
    http://mail2web.com - Use the drop down box under your email address on the left.

auggie2k wrote: »
    http://mail2web.com - Use the drop down box under your email address on the left.

Could you give us some more details where to find this please?

I don't see any drop down box under my email address on the left, only a link to 'Check for new mail'. (BTW, I'm on the Pick up your email' tab which is displayed by default on login).

Only unopened mails are displayed and not any older emails which is what the poster above and myself are after. I don't see a way to get these thru mail2web, but maybe you can let us know if you're sorted on this? Thanks

I think this now three day outage will be a final push for a lot of people towards Gmail etc as Oceanfree's email's time has passed unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Yeah, its my older mails I'm after, not the new ones.

mazza wrote: »
    Could you give us some more details where to find this please?

I don't see any drop down box under my email address on the left, only a link to 'Check for new mail'. (BTW, I'm on the Pick up your email' tab which is displayed by default on login).

Only unopened mails are displayed and not any older emails which is what the poster above and myself are after. I don't see a way to get these thru mail2web, but maybe you can let us know if you're sorted on this? Thanks

I think this now three day outage will be a final push for a lot of people towards Gmail etc as Oceanfree's email's time has passed unfortunately. :(
    Check out the screenshot...

Check out the screenshot...

That dropdown you are getting on the Mail2Web page when connected to your Gmail account isn't displayed when connecting to an Oceanfree account.

See screenshot attached. (Not sure on sizing, so hope this is visible)

I guess the Mail2Web people have made more effort to integrate with Gmail than Oceanfree. ;)

Thanks anyway...

Did you access your mail with POP3 previously? I believe POP access downloads the mail and doesn't keep them on the server.

Did you access your mail with POP3 previously? I believe POP access downloads the mail and doesn't keep them on the server.

You're right on the POP3 deleting messages off the server once read, AFAIK, but I never access email using POP3, instead always go in thru Oceanfree webmail interface.

While Oceanfree webmail shows all messages (i.e. ones which have been read and new ones, which is what we need!), I did once add a connection to Oceanfree email as a widget to a personalised homepage service (like iGoogle) and noticed it only showed new messages.

Sounds like something similar is going on here, but hopefully normal service will be resumed soon and we won't need to find workarounds!

Engineers have been issued since earlier, must be a big issue because it's never usually this long - OF never has problems. I believe the defaults setting with Oceanfree is to only show unread messages, it's not very sophisticated (5MB storage like)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Its back up and running now, i logged in and all my mails downloaded.

• Advertisement

Issue resolved, all should be well for everyone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Issue resolved, all should be well for everyone now.

its still not working for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

irishgeo wrote: »
    its still not working for me
    Nor me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Me neither.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Me neither (on POP3)
    It is really a blessing in disguise, as 90% of the Spam arriving in my Inbox is coming via Oceanfree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

mazza wrote: »

Hi,
    You can do this using the website in my .sig.
    Any questions, please ask.

Cheers,
    Stephen

Advertisement