Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2nd programme thread

Options
  • 02-12-2007 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Its on at 8 pm with the repeat on Wednesday at 7 pm.

Tonight Anthony Hamilton the old Reasonably Priced Car and Richard Hammond is in an 2005 Renault F1 car. Also Beaulieu motor museum, the Vauxhall VXR8, while James Blunt is in the Hyuandai.

Mike.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If Hamilton doesn't get the fasted time around the lap he'll never live it down!! Looking forward to it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

James Blunt:eek::eek: What is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

James Blunt second whats the world come to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Anyone think James Blunt seems like an actually decent bloke.

Lewis the legend .3 of a sec slower than stiggy in the wet and oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Pritty crap episode. Apart from that BMW at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Jeremy clarkson's sat-nav controlled lap, that was impressive.
    Although about a season or two ago didn't they show the prototype of that car crashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I agree there should only ever be one guest. I think that "prototype" was a merc s-class with radar guided cruise control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Was that not the some sort of brake test they did where they forgot to turn on the system?

The Hammond F1 thing was pretty class imo. The whole driving concept thing was kinda ok I guess. Honestly didn't think Hamilton was that quick around tbqh, very surprised.

Next week should be a cracker tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mediocre episode tonight. :(

James Blunt was very tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Willstev wrote: »
    Anyone think James Blunt seems like an actually decent bloke.

Yeah, but then again I didnt have anything against him before anyway.

Thought they might tell us the time on the sat nav lap at the end.
    kaimera wrote: »
    Was that not the some sort of brake test they did where they forgot to turn on the system?
    !

No, I think the issue was that they did it in a steel room that messed up the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Less than you'd expect from an episode of TG...first time Jeremy hasn't finished up the show (on that bombshell), anyone notice?
    I think that "prototype" was a merc s-class with radar guided cruise control

'twas indeed. I still want one of those, sitting in traffic would be so much easier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Enjoyed the 1st 15 mins, then Blunt the **** showed his floppy head on the screen, the rest was, Meh, Meh.

Just Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I thought it was very good. The bit about the old cars, and the F1 car were good viewing. More than we usually get these days anyhow.

zuutroy wrote: »
    The bit about the old cars
    I ran the registration for that 1903 De Dion Bouton through mycarcheck.com and it's great to see that it's there! :D

If I were to import it and re-register it what number would I be assigned? It couldn't be 03 D *****! :confused:

(Obviously applicable only if I did not wish to have a 'ZV' plate.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I thought it was a good ep. Not as good as it usually is but with TG's high standard you're bound to be disappointed by some episodes.

The F1 bit was excellent, i'd love to get my hands on that car!! James Blunt was enjoyable, funny guy who obviously doesn't take himself too seriously. Classic Brittish rich kid though, pilots licence at 16? Come on!! Was a good story about his sister though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

i found james blunt to be almost as irritating as his songs, that voice has to be worse than my ma singing motley crue, then humming the bits she dont know:eek::eek::confused:
    i really hate that bloke!!!
    but ye kinda poor episode

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

TBH found it a bit on the weak side but I am of the opinion that it has been slipping for some time. F1 segment was good but the segment with the "old fogeys" in the old car pretty much summed up the problem it has. It's turning into Last of The Summer Wine. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Next week will be last in series unfortunately,i'm gessin???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Hammond in an F1 car was fantastic IMO, dunno why people are saying it's crap. Beats the one zillionth appearance of the Bugatti Veyron.

Hamilton...AGGGHH!...can't stand that guy. He was trying to act all humble and dismissive whilst JC was recounting his achievements in the first few races. Then JC mentioned that he overtook Massa in Malaysia.
    'AND KIMI!'
    Lewis suddenly jumps in, just in case the scale of his brilliance will be underestimated.

JC: Who'd win a fight among the British F1 drivers? LW: Smug grin...'Actually I'm a black belt...Tae Kwon-Do...blah blah'...

AGGGGHHH!!!!

The little gimp is bloody quick though...:eek::(

pburns wrote: »
    'Actually I'm a black belt...Tae Kwon-Do...blah blah'...
    In my TV he said "boxing and karate". Jezza mentioned the black belt! ;):D

*runs for cover*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I liked Hinge and Bracket at Beaulieu with the early cars and they were right to answer a perfectly good question. A few more bit like that would'nt go amiss with me.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

In my TV he said "boxing and karate". Jezza mentioned the black belt! ;):D

*runs for cover*

I guess my dislike of the guy is reaching illogical levels. Just hate the hype and the way the British press pack turned on Alonso. Wouldn't mind except Lewis is the F1 driver whom I have the closest 'connection' to...friend of a friend type of thing. I even tried on one of his old helmets:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hammond in an F1 car was fantastic IMO, dunno why people are saying it's crap. Beats the one zillionth appearance of the Bugatti Veyron.

Hamilton...AGGGHH!...can't stand that guy. He was trying to act all humble and dismissive whilst JC was recounting his achievements in the first few races. Then JC mentioned that he overtook Massa in Malaysia.
    'AND KIMI!'
    Lewis suddenly jumps in, just in case the scale of his brilliance will be underestimated.

JC: Who'd win a fight among the British F1 drivers? LW: Smug grin...'Actually I'm a black belt...Tae Kwon-Do...blah blah'...

AGGGGHHH!!!!

The little gimp is bloody quick though...:eek::([/QUO

Lewis Hamilton a top bloke imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I guess my dislike of the guy is reaching illogical levels. Just hate the hype and the way the British press pack turned on Alonso. Wouldn't mind except Lewis is the F1 driver whom I have the closest 'connection' to...friend of a friend type of thing. I even tried on one of his old helmets:)!

If he was Irish, the Irish media would be the exact same and the hype would be the same.

Lets not go down that well trodden path. Had that over on Motorsport board!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Thought it was an alright episode. Suprised thay I found the old car bit so interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cant fault Hamiltons driving. Think he proved how good he was by getting to within .3 of a second of the Stig in the wet. It would seem the hype machine could be right in this case.

Did he not only pass his test in a road car this year?

Keith Allen! Hope he's sober and does'nt spend all interview bouncing questions about his more famous daughter. :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Next week will be last in series unfortunately,i'm gessin???

They mentioned "over the next ten weeks" when playing the preview montage in the first episode - not sure if this series has had any weeks off and if so do they count?

• Advertisement
Advertisement