Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Window Mod :D

Options
  • 01-12-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

right so i finally decieded to put a window into my case and with the Help of Nibble we Did just That

As it looked before
    dscf0244en9.jpg

we taped off the panel
    dscf0256sr5.jpg

drilled some holes with a hole saw and Brian got cutting :D
    being a Thin steal door the cutting was a little bit tricky
    dscf0263co5.jpg

then it was sanded
    dscf0266fs0.jpg

and Fitted with EL ORIGINAL plexi
    dscf0269tk6.jpg

dscf0272cc4.jpg

This is with the lights On
    dscf0281hf5.jpg

we then tinted the window With Limo Black tint film to get a very nice finish :D
    dscf0288qv8.jpg

dscf0287cm2.jpg

enjoy :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nice job

ok questions

1# how did ya stick the the plexi on ? why not bolt,

2#where ya get the plexi/tint film ?

also the rubber side cover stuf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

awhir wrote: »
    nice job

ok questions

1# how did ya stick the the plexi on ? why not bolt,

2#where ya get the plexi/tint film ?

also the rubber side cover stuf ?

1-double sided tape , maybe bolt later haven't decided yet.
    2- Brian got it in a car shop in carlow shopping center
    3? rubber side cover stuf?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really like the tint film...!

oh and - is your cathode on the card dead? :D

awhir wrote: »

nope didnt use any of that , dunno if i want to.
    oh and - is your cathode on the card dead?

hehe no , i moved it off the card and onto the very right hand side of the case :P

• Advertisement

how much was the plexiglas? Would you use a standard drill bit with it or is there a bit more suitable for that type plastic? I'd be interested actually in giving my ol' centurion a window

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

HavoK wrote: »
    how much was the plexiglas? Would you use a standard drill bit with it or is there a bit more suitable for that type plastic? I'd be interested actually in giving my ol' centurion a window

You'll get a 500mm^2 for about a tenner, can't remember what I paid for the big sheet I have it's 1mx600mm. In terms of drill bits any HSS bit is fine, for the jigsaw I used a special blade for acrylic but a bit for cutting metal will work fine too.

Cool... I'm gonna try it. Wouldn't give a large window, maybe a few small ones. I was just wondering how did he hold it in place when using the jigsaw...scrolled back up....caulking gun, nice :D

I reckon with the discount I get a work, on top of discounts on end of line stuff, I should be able to get a **** jigsaw for about 10 euro...! So worth it for the attempt anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Gotta say that is fooking lovely looking. But ill give you a small tip. You can see some bare aluminium. Grab a black marker and colour it in :)

Anti wrote: »
    Gotta say that is fooking lovely looking. But ill give you a small tip. You can see some bare aluminium. Grab a black marker and colour it in :)

:D thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nice job m8, well impressed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

HavoK wrote: »
    Cool... I'm gonna try it. Wouldn't give a large window, maybe a few small ones. I was just wondering how did he hold it in place when using the jigsaw...scrolled back up....caulking gun, nice :D

I reckon with the discount I get a work, on top of discounts on end of line stuff, I should be able to get a **** jigsaw for about 10 euro...! So worth it for the attempt anyway!

Lol caulking gun, they're actually clamps but yeah kinda like a caulking gun!
    And seriously it's dead easy to do a window mod to a case, this was a quick and dirty job really. And if your panels are alu and not steel its even easier, you can sand/file the stuff much more quickly.

Ah....I see!! I thought it was a caulking gun..never actually seen a work bench with those sort of handles!..:o

Advertisement