Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA: Season 4, Episode 9: Miller's Crossing [WARNING SPOILERS]

Options
  • 01-12-2007 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

So what did you think of this?
    Aside from the extremely dubious scene setting I thought it went about its business in a quiet enough manner for a change - solving the replicator problem. I also like the interaction of the Hewlett siblings and Rodney is becoming more and more human. Not sure if that is necessarily a good thing. :p

What did you think of this episode? 19 votes

Fantastic
    0% 0 votes
    Great
    10% 2 votes
    OK
    21% 4 votes
    Bad
    42% 8 votes
    Somethings broken
    26% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I know this is a mid season episode and the effects budget is used on start and end season effects but even so this episode was one god awful filler episode :(

The only interesting parts were the first minite into the show and the last 15 seconds as the bits in between really sucked ass. Why even bother having Ronan in this episode and does the wraith actor only get paid by amount of spoken lines he has?

A minite and a half of fun and no Tayla is all this episode has going for it imho.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Threads merged.

Thought this was very weak as well - I started looking up stuff on the laptop after about twenty minutes. It reminded me of some of those god-awful Trust episodes SG1 had when they ran out of money as they clearly did here. I'm imagining we'll see the pay off next week when the budget comes into play for the mid-season finale though.

There were a few redeeming features amidst the tedium: I liked Walter's scene with Ronin (even if there was NO point to Ronin being there). I also liked how the two Hewlitts worked off of each other. The suggestion at the end that Sheppard somehow forced the sacrifice was an interesting one.

Still though - worst episode of the season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Alright episode but it AGAIN re-using a old plot from SG1. someone company owerner connected with sg tech dev somehow finds out things and does his own thing.

The only new thing was feeding a wraith which i enjoyed

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Have to go against the flow - I thought this was a good episode.

Sheppard talking yer man into killing himself was the best thing his character has had to do all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

more tried and tested re-hashed storylines with $45 dollars invested in a new set, in fact this whole series has been dreadful not even sure why I bother to watch them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Twas alright, I suppose the whole Staff of SGC is still on the books with SciFi so they will probqbly make a few more earth based episodes of 'Atlantis'.

Ronon beter get some form of interestin arc soon.

I have begun to resign myself to the fact that they have greenlighted season5 so this season will be mostly Character development/filler whicherver one you want to call it.

although theres a 2 parter comin up next week which might have some good ole shootouts n explosions :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ya the Ep was ok'ish. Still i liked the real coldness of Sheperd at the end, what has to be done was done. Nice dimension to his character. All in all just a filler Ep IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I liked it.

As per usual, a regurgitated plot but this had enough new elements (although shockingly out of character) to keep it interesting.
    The start was poor and reminiscent of Desperate Measures from SG-1. The curing of Rex's daughter was predictable with the dying...but coming back to life gag.
    The second death was unexpected but poorly dealt with.

It was a nice twist seeing a Wraith in the Sgc but I feel that it
    clashes with a spoiler I read for an upcoming episode involving Teal'c
    and I'm not sure I like this buddy system they're writing for the Wraith. Like I said before, I think they worked better as a mysterious enemy.

The whole guilting yer man into sacrifice was interesting but a bit far fetched for Sheppard, maybe Ronin should have done it?
    On that note, I think a sacrifice to the Wraith to save someone else would have been a great way to kill off a liked character, like Beckitt for example. But I couldn't see them ever doing it.
    Also, as per usual, Ronin was totally out of place.
    The scene with Walter was terrible.
    No Teylo was good.

Six out of ten from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The wraith feeding was the darkest part of the season so far and was pretty well done, the Hewletts got along well together on set again, but apart from that a very bland episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It kept me just about entertained.
    The story was very similar to some sg1/trust ones but overlooking that it was ok, good to see mrs miller again.
    When the daughter came back from the dead i thought she would go on a replicator rampage for some reason, never happened though :(
    ok ep to keep things ticking over...
    ronan & walter scene was very good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Yer man was played the guy who played Rex Van Der Kamp in Desperate Housewives before he had himself a heart attack after the stress of being married to Bree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Demonique wrote: »
    Yer man was played the guy who played Rex Van Der Kamp in Desperate Housewives before he had himself a heart attack after the stress of being married to Bree
    If ever there was a show that needed more life sucking alien monsters in the cast...

Advertisement