Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformer of the year

• 01-12-2007 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I was wondering what everyone thought were the best toys released this year. we had the movie line, some classics, the last few alternators, and a couple of titaniums along with masterpiece Megatron and Starscream.

Here's my top five and why.
    5. Deluxe Bumblebee (09 version): the best deluxe transformer ever?

4. Voyager Blackout: A cracking Helicopter mode. which is something we've never really had before although energon Bulkhead is nice.

3. alternator Ravage (jaguar version). Just because it's very different looking to most other Altenators and it's an excellent homage to the original ravage.

2. alternator Rodimus: Nice remold and paint job, the head sculpt is particularly well done, with the visor that hod rod uses in the 1986 movie included.

1. Masterpiece Starscream. I haven't opened the box of this guy yet because he is my x-mas present to myself. He looks great though.

i'm not including Masterpiece megs as i don't have him yet, hopefully in the new year when he is released again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Masterpiece starscream for the Win.
    A great Figure. Far better than MP Megatron.

While I have liked most of the movie Figures. I would not class any of them as Great transformers. Blackout is nice but Lacks something to me.

While that ravage is nice. i fell the Holes about his Hind Quarters let the figure down. He just lack that Solidness I came to love from the Binaltech/Alt Lines.
    the Binaltech Grinlock and Shockwave are great figures that show the G1 love while being excellent in thier own right. Nice possabily,Easy enough to Transform.

Of the various lines over the last few years my favourites have been
    The Robotmasters line. Small, repaints of various other lines that crossed most of the major lines. really excelelnt figures that where just a joy to collect.

The worst for me would have to be the titanium Line. Ugly figures that wear onteh paint too easy. Came appart far to easy and wouldn't stand up under thier own power in most cases. Such a waste of effort put into these guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 petro-rabbit

Mp Starscream for sure.
    MarkHall wrote: »
    The worst for me would have to be the titanium Line. Ugly figures that wear onteh paint too easy. Came appart far to easy and wouldn't stand up under thier own power in most cases. Such a waste of effort put into these guys.

I agree, some of the titanium figures were bad. Especially the small 3 inch ones that didn't even transform and had bad paint jobs.

Advertisement