Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

basquille - Daily / Weekly / Bi-Weekly / When-I'm-Arsed Log

Options
  • 01-12-2007 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭

Alright so this is following on from my proposal i had for various members to keep logs of their day-to-day interactions, problems, experiences (etc) - I decided i'll take the plunge and start mine.. i really hope other forum members will think of doing the same.

If we get a few going, i'll append some basic guidelines to the charter. For now, i'll just say any feedback / thoughts / opinions are welcome.

OK, so starting with today:

Friday 30th November 07:

Pretty uneventful day at work. Have became the chief phone answerer in my office.. which i don't mind except for the fact we're embraced this SIP technology in phones. Won't get too much into but basically it can result in you hearing a slight echo of your voice in the earpiece - not the most re-assuring sound if you've stammered.

Spoke on the phone to Customer Service in Amazon which went amazingly well. The main problem i have (which i've read plenty of stammerers have) is saying my own name. As i just mentioned, this is a common problem for stammers - so much so that i read in Bill Parry's Valsalva book (see Links / Resources for a link to the author's webpage) about a man with a stammer who had so much problem saying his name that he changed it - only for him to stammer on his new name eventually.

Anyways, back on topic.. answered the call and explained a situation. Asked me for my e-mail address, name and address and didn't stammer once. I don't know if i was just in a good mindframe or the fact i'm getting more experience on the phone or that she sounded quite friendly (and Irish too) but it went very well.

That's about all i can think of.. no real interesting stories from today so will update the log again before the end of the weekend.

Comments

Is this a general log?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is this a general log?
    Not sure what you mean by "general log".. it's basically a log of my day-to-day activities and interactions with a view to how it's affected my stammer.

Advertisement