Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Actual Cable Question

Options
  • 30-11-2007 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Figure id give forum so business. Seeing as your new mod is so excited about it.

I have a problem. Im running CAT 5 83 Meters. Crimping the connectors seems to be a problem and i cant read the diagram. What colour and order do they go in?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Some info. I don't have any more details to hand so I hope this helps.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

send us a pic of the terminations of the brand you are using, they are usually colouor coded , but some countries have is backwards etc.

Anyway my former mod friend, it's not a good idea to make a 83M patch lead if that is what you are doing. It should be connected into at RJ45 termination box and a proper manufactured patch lead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Try this. It's pretty easy to follow.

http://www.incentre.net/incentre/frame/ethernet.html

Advertisement