Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not wasting battery (when plugged in)

Options
  • 30-11-2007 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm just wondering can anyone give me advice on how best to set the power options so the battery isn't in use when I have the laptop plugged in, unless of course it needs to be charged, if possible?

With my old laptop, I bought it and I got maybe 90 minutes or so out of the battery, after 2 years, that dropped to 20 mins max on the lowest settings. I never really used the battery all that much, but I would have it plugged in and out quite a lot.

I got a new laptop recently and don't want the same to happen. It's on about 3 hours now from a full charge and I want to keep it that way. I'll have it plugged in more than not and I don't want this to effect the battery in any way unless it actually needs to be charged.

I know that with batteries in general, you should use the full battery, as in full discharge, full charge. If you charge it mostly after it's only half empty and keep this up, then the bottom half of the battery gets unused and will lose longevity so something to combat that would be great :)

Advertisement