Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on Tax Relief of Dental Work - Wisdom Teeth

Options
  • 30-11-2007 9:47am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I am probably going to need to have my wisdom teeth out in a few months. I’m told I have to go to a top oral surgeon for my particular problem – the consultation alone is costing €170 – so I’m sure the operation will cost a fortune! I’m wondering if I can claim it back on Tax – or how I can minimise the cost?

I see from the forms online that you can claim back costs of non-routine dental fees, but does anyone know if extraction of wisdom teeth can be claimed?

It is now the time in my company where I have to choose my health insurance plan for next year. I recall last year there was an extra option for a Dental Plan – perhaps this is something I should think about?

Can anyone shed some light on how I should best handle this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

you can claim back tax if it is a surgical extraction, but not a non surgical. However, surgicals are more expensive to begin with.

Advertisement