Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Location Tipperary

Options
  • 30-11-2007 4:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi. Looking to get married next year and was wondering if anybody could recommend any nice hotels in north tipp area ( roscrea preferably)? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

theres the Racket Hall just outside Roscrea(on the main Dublin Road - near the golf club) was there two weeks ago at a wedding and it was extremely well organised and well run - congratulations btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'd second Rackett Hall. The staff are lovely, haven't been to wedding but have been to a few functions there. It's an intimate venue, the grounds are very nice, and the whole place has a lovely feel to it, it's very old-style, full of character. If you're looking for a very contemporary venue, it might not be for you, but it's real traditional wedding material!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

Dundrum house is v nice, I got married in Inch House outside Thurles, quality venue if small but suited us perfectly and couldn't rate it highly enough other than that the rest are fairly average!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Coolbawn Quay - an unbelievable location. Got married there myself. Check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

second inch house - never been to a wedding there but been to a few functions and have to say the food was top notch ever time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nakedlykeenthen

My bro had reception in Inch house, it was a small do but its so nice there and the food is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Racket Hall, Roscrea
    Abbey Court, Nenagh
    Coolbawn Quay
    Inch House

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CiaraT80

Castle Durrow in Co. Laois is only about a 40 min drive away. It's just gorgeous for a wedding. I've been to two there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sorry nope...no good places..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Racket Hall is up for sale

Might be worth bearing in mind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tipperman

treble99 wrote: »
    Hi. Looking to get married next year and was wondering if anybody could recommend any nice hotels in north tipp area ( roscrea preferably)? Thanks.

I got married in the Templemore Arms Hotel which is just 10 miles from Roscrea... The food is just fantastic here. It doesn't offer many rooms for guests etc but there are a few guesthouses in the town which will cater for this.. If you want some lovely photos the Town Park in Templemore is beautiful with the lake and lovely old ruins that will turn out perfect... I was there in early June for a wedding again and couldn't complain about anything and the Meal rates there are excellent....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Tipperman wrote: »
    I got married in the Templemore Arms Hotel which is just 10 miles from Roscrea... The food is just fantastic here. It doesn't offer many rooms for guests etc but there are a few guesthouses in the town which will cater for this.. If you want some lovely photos the Town Park in Templemore is beautiful with the lake and lovely old ruins that will turn out perfect... I was there in early June for a wedding again and couldn't complain about anything and the Meal rates there are excellent....

So did I, and I forgot to pimp them lol.

Excellent service and accommodation.

Advertisement