Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Media Player Please

Options
  • 30-11-2007 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

i bought a keops media player but my computer (dell optiplex 210) can't see it,its visible as a mass storage device but thats it help please,a walkthrough of help is needed as my computer knowledge is fairly basic MANY THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

copy&paste music tracks on to it and see if they show up on the media player. Did you get any software with the media player?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

my computer (dell optiplex 210) can't see it,its visible as a mass storage device

Does the player get a drive letter assigned to it? Your statement is confusing :confused:
    If it does get a drive letter then you are all set. Just put some playable media on it and then play through your tv/audio system.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

if it's visible as a drive then it's working, you transfer files over using your computer, playback is then through your tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

coolmoose wrote: »
    if it's visible as a drive then it's working, you transfer files over using your computer, playback is then through your tv.

Is there an echo here :p:p:p

didn't even see your reply...the joys of working nights! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 knockinglass

cheers so far ,its not visible as a drive when i look in my computer only as mass storage icon on the bottom of screen where the time is etc,software and manual is in french as is the website which is no good to me as i can't speak french, well if anyone can help some more would be great thanks

you may have to enable it is a drive by using the disk management tool. right click on my computer>manage>disk management. enable disk use. this rarely has to be done with external drives though to be honest, and the drive may not show up still. if it doesn't then it could be a hardware issue.

have you tried using it on a diff computer? are you running xp or vista? i know vista has issues with external storage sometimes.

thanks coolmoose have done that but not showing up in "my computer" but it is in management any ideas

it comes up as disk1 but unallocated?

can you allocate it from disk management, you should be able to? right click on drive in disk management and allocate.

was there a cd came with the device? there may be an english version of the manual on the cd if it did come with one?

• Advertisement

ok coolmoose nows its visible but now when i try to open it t"he parameter is incorrect "comes up

Advertisement