Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 6000 battery light flashing red.

Options
  • 29-11-2007 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The battery on my Dell Inspiron 6000 went low on me today.. The light started to flash red and green so I plugged in the charger. The battery charged up fine and is now 100% but the light is still flashing.. it's driving me mad. I've tried restarting,taking out the battery and running on ac etc but it's still flashing as if the battery is critically low.

Is this a common bug found in the bios of this latpop? Is there a patch to fix this or anything? Do you guys think that this is a windows problem or a bios problem??

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sounds like your battery is just knackered - i.e. it may be communicating the wrong info back to the bios. How long are you getting out of each charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Your probably right,the laptop is over 2 years old. I only get 45-55 mins from a full charge on low brightness and max battery quickset(if that even does anything!)

it prob messed up the battery when it dropped so low..

Do you know how much a new one would set me back?

Advertisement