Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Meeting Prsent

Options
  • 29-11-2007 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi, so I have got really really close to my pen-friend over the last 5 months. We have both confessed in falling for eachother.
    So in February we are meeting.
    Now she i very artistic, and likes photography. And she doesn't have a digital camera.
    Would that be too much to give as a present? That's what I'd like to get her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Digital camera is a nice idea. And they aren't all too expensive. I just picked up one for my mum for Christmas off pixmania.com for 90 Euro or there abouts and its 7.2 mega pixel, now I also had to get an XD card as nternal memory was small.
    Do you have or could you get copies of some of her photographs? You could put together a photobook of some of her work. That would be a really personal gift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

charba wrote: »
    Digital camera is a nice idea. And they aren't all too expensive. I just picked up one for my mum for Christmas off pixmania.com for 90 Euro or there abouts and its 7.2 mega pixel, now I also had to get an XD card as nternal memory was small.
    Do you have or could you get copies of some of her photographs? You could put together a photobook of some of her work. That would be a really personal gift?

I have decided for the camera.
    I haven't many photo's of hers, as she doesn't have a camera. She is always asking for photo's from me, so now she can take her own. I will get it during January sales.

A photo book sounds like a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Puffin

WOW! very exciting to hear about someone who is falling in lurve over the internet (or have you gone old school and are doing letters? that would be extremely cool).

A digital camera is definitely a I-really-like-you present but ask yourself is that a bad thing? As with all beginning relationships, she may freak out, and it may all end but i truly believe that a huge part of love is risk- the risk to be open, the risk to be honest, the risk to be faithful and not explore other options...

i say go for it, and even if it does go wrong it means you are an open, courageous person.

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegalguy2

cant believe your waiting until the january sales to get the love of your life a xmas present!! you miserable git!!! haha only teasing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

supertramp wrote: »
    Hi, so I have got really really close to my pen-friend over the last 5 months. We have both confessed in falling for eachother.
    So in February we are meeting.
    Now she i very artistic, and likes photography. And she doesn't have a digital camera.
    Would that be too much to give as a present? That's what I'd like to get her.

A box of condoms, just to see her reaction :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wonder how it worked out, this was 2 years ago. hate each others guts ya?

Advertisement