Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pls suggest me a good pmp.. :)

Options
  • 29-11-2007 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello
    im totally new to pmp world.
    i would like to spend not so much.

anyway, suggest me some good models to buy.
    i need:
    -audio
    -video
    -voice recording
    -txt reading.

please write what you think the best models are.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The best PMP at the moment is probably the Archos 605.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kejo

can you also tell me why you suggest it?
    what do you like of Archos 605?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm ordering one of these tomorrow for xmas, fantastic looking devices. First off it comes in several different capacities (4gb with SD card slot, 30gb, 80gb & 160gb).
    It has a nice 4.3' touch screen with 800x480 resolution and optional buttons on the side with a built in speaker. It'll play almost any videos you throw at it (avi, divx, xvid, wmv with the option to purchase additional mpeg2, vob and mov plugins) although for most people the initial codecs are fine and you shouldnt need the extras.
    It'll play all the standard music files (mp3, wma, wav), again with the option to purchase extra music plugins.
    It has wifi which can be used to surf the web and play files wirelessly from your computer over your wifi network.
    You can also buy the €100 DVR station which lets you output your videos to your tv and also lets you record from the tv and you can also use its wifi feature to stream media from your pc to your tv or browse the web (it comes with a remote with a full QWERTY keypad for that).
    It also has widgets like weather, news reader, notepad and you can also get games for it if you so wish and you can also read pdf files on it.

*phew!* i think thats everything! only downside is you must pay an extra €30 for the web browser plugin but im sure its worth it, specially since you can get it at a very reasonable price if you know where to look. this is where im getting mine:

http://www.newmp3technology.com/605+players.html

im getting the 80gb which comes out to about €280 in total. you can see i've done the homework before investing in this and have decided that its exactly what im looking for. pretty much everywhere has given it fantastic reviews aswell calling it pretty much the best pmp out there. i'll probably end up getting the DVR station aswell but probably more down the line a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kejo

what is a dvr ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

digital video recorder, like sky+. records videos to a hard drive

• Advertisement
Advertisement