Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definiton of a non-drinker

Options
  • 29-11-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Great idea. :)

But I had a question. I enjoy the odd pint of Guinness. I will buy a pack of 8 and it'll be good for about 6 months.

I don't get drunk. Does this classify me as a non-drinker?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Wouldnt say so seen as you actually DO drink all be it in very small amounts over a very long period of time but you still drink none the less.

Just on the forum....great idea....could use some support in my quest to find the land of soberness(think its spelt like that:confused:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

Just so ya know - this club and the upcoming events are open to both drinkers and non-drinkers...so it doesn't matter how much you drink as long as you are willing to participate in a group activity that won't end up in the pub :) hope you'll consider coming along sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I'm technically a drinker too, as I do enjoy the odd occasional pint, But since the stomach ulcer thing, I cannae do it, But I am quite prepared to forego the occasional one now, and My days of Sessions and Benders are gone for good:(

I will still have, the odd one, But I'll lie about it, just to keep the peace:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Just so ya know - this club and the upcoming events are open to both drinkers and non-drinkers...so it doesn't matter how much you drink as long as you are willing to participate in a group activity that won't end up in the pub :) hope you'll consider coming along sometime

I would be there in a heart beat but alas unless your rock climbing or skiing in the Canadian Rockies I'm a wee bit distant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

IMO some one who drinks less than 2 drinks a month is not a drinker! Heck i know people who drink less than 2 day who would consider them selves non drinkers!!!!

I reckon some one who has less than a drink a week is a non drinker.

But what do i know i'm drunk! No not really, i dont drink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

I would be there in a heart beat but alas unless your rock climbing or skiing in the Canadian Rockies I'm a wee bit distant.

Why not set up a non-drinking club of your own over there? You guys probably don't have the rain issue as bad as we do - go crazy - get a gang together and rock them Rockies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

IMO some one who drinks less than 2 drinks a month is not a drinker!
    Only in Ireland would this be considered a non drinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I knew a guy who drank a bottle of whiskey and six large guinness everyday,he didn't call himself an alcoholic, he was fond of a tipple.When it comes to alcohol i think we Irish are the masters of overindulgence and understatment, and sometimes it's even the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Well there clearly not a regular drinker if there having less than 2 a month, and if there not a drinker there a.... you guessed it.... a non-drinker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Well there clearly not a regular drinker if there having less than 2 a month, and if there not a drinker there a.... you guessed it.... a non-drinker!!

In my opinion that would mean they're not a regular drinker as opposed to not a drinker. I'd probably classify them as an occasional drinker if anything.

I'd classify a non-drinker as somebody who doesn't drink at all.

Now I find it's a little strange that the term is regularly used as opposed to vice-versa. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'd say non drinker is someone who doesn't drink at all
    Personally I'd say I "don't really drink" as I might have a baileys coffee once in a few months... rather than outright saying I'm a non-drinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

I can see it in a few years time.

Non Drinkers Club (NDC) (less than 2 a month)
    The Peoples Alliance of Non Drinkers (PAND) (The odd port at xmas)
    The Real Non Drinkers Club (No drink under any circumstance)
    The Continuity non drinkers Club (less than 2 a day)

This of course will lead to war between the splitters and the original club, and prof. Dawkins coming out with a book. 'Sobreity: The big lie'.
    Lets not forget about the philosophers neither, 'Are not we all drunk on the hatread of our opposers, true sobreity is in the heart'.

So on and so forth:D

Are you the Alliance of Non drinkers?
    F*ck off, We're the non drinkers alliance. Splitters!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi

Just half way through on this at the moment and just wondering if anyone had any views on it?

Jinky

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi

Just half way through on this at the moment and just wondering if anyone had any views on it?

Jinky

sorry meant to post as new thread:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement