Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Edmundsbury Lucan - possible rezoning

Options
  • 29-11-2007 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

So here we are again, the Government wants to rezone St Edmundsbury in Lucan to build up to 160 new homes on what has previously been green belt land. Right now, nobody is sure of what will happen but from my point of view infrastructure in Lucan has been pushed to breaking point as it is already.

The area in question lies between the Hermitage Golf Course and Lucan Village. Lucan and the N4 is already struggling to cope with existing levels of traffic as it is right now and the bus services really need to improve if this approval gets the go ahead. These are only the practical considerations. The other considerations are environmental. There isn't really much of the Liffey Valley left these days and if St Edmundsbury is rezoned and built on then really we'll only have the Strawberry beds and parts of Lucan Demense left as relatively unspoilt land.

Have look at this website for more info. Obviously, it's only one side of the story so bear that in mind when you are reading it ;) It's not a great website either but at least you'll get an idea of what this is about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Although this still won't be able to deal with the bottlenecks that would be caused by this, there are plans to increase the number of lanes on the N4 from Leixlip to the M50 from 2 lanes to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Funnily enough I was going to start a thread about the N4 anyway but yes I believe you are right. Even with new lanes I can't see the N4 coping well with this new development along with every other development that is taking place in the area!

Advertisement