Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lucan Newsletter

Options
  • 29-11-2007 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here read the Lucan Newsletter? I have to say I'm sad enough to admit that I love reading it. As a kid I always loved reading the Lucan Sarsfields match reports to see whether myself or any of my team mates got a mention :) I hated seeing the Schools reporting the new term start dates at the end of the Summer :(

Hard to believe it's going for 35 years now! :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Yes, we get it almost every week, it is good to keep up to date with all the local news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Someone always usually picks it up in the shop in my family and I generally look at it every so often. What do people think about the Lucan Gazette though?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I dont live at home any more but its always there when I go home.

Its been devalued alot since local newspapers have come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bewley

It's a brilliant publication - full of really useful info anout the locality. Compared to the Gazette/Echo/Champion it's out on its own. At least it doesn't delude itself into thinking that it's a NEWSPAPER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well I think the Gazette is like a lot of local newspapers, it's a little light on news and full of adverts.

I like the Lucan Newsletter simply because it really does have a local feel to it and it really has fostered a sense of community over the years. Even as Lucan has gotten bigger and bigger it has managed to maintain a 'good' feel about it.

It has changed over the years but I still love reading it...even if 'Birdie' can be a little sanctimonius at times :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement