Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further itouch questions

Options
  • 29-11-2007 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I am looking to get some extra simple applications onto my ipod touch eg notepad etc. I'm ploughing through the threads on jailbreak so I wont go over that again. However just a few quickies: Is wifi the only way to connect to the web on the itouch - is there anyway to connect through a pc? (It seems the easiest way to get jailbreak is by connecting to jailbreakme.com on the itouch).

Also when you jailbreak I presume it doesnt do any harm to the existing apps?

My ipod came with 1.1.1 which I have since updated to 1.1.2 - From what I have read this is okay to jailbreak?

Finally on a separate issue - is there anyway to download lyrics for the songs that are on itunes /ipod?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

All you need to know - simple and easy instructions to do it all... and this guy is 16!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ipodtouchmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

TheBazman wrote: »
    My ipod came with 1.1.1 which I have since updated to 1.1.2 - From what I have read this is okay to jailbreak?
    Cheers

You can only jailbreak on 1.1.1

Instructions here on how to rollback.

440Hz wrote: »
    You can only jailbreak on 1.1.1

Instructions here on how to rollback.
    Not true... just can't find the instructions haha!

http://www.myitablet.com/ipod-touch-112-jailbreak-already-091723.php

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

auggie2k wrote: »

http://www.myitablet.com/ipod-touch-112-jailbreak-already-091723.php

Nope, you still have to downgrade to 1.1.1 but then you can use programme to install 1.1.2 over the jailbreak without wiping it off.

Mactard wrote: »
    Nope, you still have to downgrade to 1.1.1 but then you can use programme to install 1.1.2 over the jailbreak without wiping it off.
    Clever b**tards aren't they :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

they sure are...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers folks

Any thoughts on the other questions re Wifi and lyrics?

auggie2k wrote: »

What Mactard says... oh and "haha!"
    :D

Tut tut katie, smugness is not becoming of you :D I joke :eek:

{sorry for the O/T post OP}

Tut tut katie, smugness is not becoming of you :D I joke :eek:

{sorry for the O/T post OP}

I was saddened by someone haha-ing at me, so I haha-ed back! I'm a big kid at heart. (only joking auggie, just having a laugh)

Yeah, sorry OP.. and Cremo.. back on topic now, promise!

• Advertisement
Advertisement